Dead Screen?

RadRacer513

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Got a call from my wife today (from her sister's phone) saying she dropped her Fascinate and now it won't do anything. I've looked over it and the phone seems to be powering on/working properly but the display isn't. Unfortunately, we don't have insurance on it (I never have, and don't ever plan on it, even after this), so I can't take it back and get a new one (but might try still). Any ideas what it is? It appears to be hardware to me; what chance is there it's just a loose connector? I might pry it apart once I get a spare day and see if anything's loose. I tried just knocking it around some to see if it would come back on, but nothing. Suggestions?

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't hold my breath on the loose connector theory... Everything is packed so tight into these phones, there's not a whole lot of wiggle room. I would try to get a replacement even without insurance before you try taking it apart. The worst they can say is no. If the display really is dead, you may be better off buying a new phone on ebay than replacing the screen, as the price of those things is huge.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Take it back but play stupid a little. Don't mention anything about the fall. Just say something like "it was like this when I woke up one morning." Even without insurance everyone has a 1 year manufacturer warranty. Troubleshooting in the stores is very basic. If they can't get it working after a reset and simple diagnostics, they'll replace it just to get you on your way. I don't imagine you'll have any trouble getting a new one.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

RadRacer513

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Played Stupid, got another phone on it's way. Free 2nd day shipping too. Now I just have to get a free network extender from them for my apartment :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC