Verizon offer FREE INC2 or X2

heavyhitter82

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Verizon offered me a INC2 or X2 for free if I send back my replacement Fascinate(I have 2). I love the Fascinate so I'm going to send them 1. I will keep the one I rooted and customized because I love it.

My real question is which phone would the community recommend the INC2 or X2 and why. Please keep in mind I do want to root and flash ROMS etc.... Thanks

mitchlynch9

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Verizon offered me a INC2 or X2 for free if I send back my replacement Fascinate(I have 2). I love the Fascinate so I'm going to send them 1. I will keep the one I rooted and customized because I love it.

My real question is which phone would the community recommend the INC2 or X2 and why. Please keep in mind I do want to root and flash ROMS etc.... Thanks
They offered me the same phones along with the Charge, I went with the Charge

heavyhitter82

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
They had sent me 4 certified like new replacements with different problem so the fifth time they sent me a new one. That phone sucked with reception and battery life as well so I rooted my old phone and it made it much better(which I didnt tell verizon) so now I use that phone. I call technical support and told them the new phone(unrooted, stock ota's) still was no good so they offered me to send it back and get the INC2 or the X2.

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I'd pass on both options until they offer you some kind of 4G phone. After all, it sounds like you already have a 3G phone in good working condition.

domenci

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
That sucks that you had to use your upgrade on a replacement; I'd try to send back the broken one and see if I could defer the new free phone til one comes out that I really wanted.

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if I could get them to do that. I've had so much trouble with GPS on my Fascinate and various other little problems, and this is my second one after the camera flash died on my first one.

enviroag02

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
They offered me the same phones along with the Charge, I went with the Charge

Can you confirm whether you received a new Charge or a refurbished one? They made the same offer do me and I chose the Charge as well. It appears its more difficult for Verizon to do the Charge replacement than the INC2 or X2 for some reason.

fortesquieu

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Can you confirm whether you received a new Charge or a refurbished one? They made the same offer do me and I chose the Charge as well. It appears its more difficult for Verizon to do the Charge replacement than the INC2 or X2 for some reason.

They told me it's brand new. I just got my Fascinate replaced. They told me they just got the memo at 11.54am stating that they can replace Fascinate with calls problems to Charge.

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I got offered this same thing on the Verizon forums. I was PMing back and forth with a rep and he said he put a note in the account to switch. Said I could wait for him to call me or call in to someone else. I called in to 3 different people and they wouldn't do it. So I'm waiting to see if he will call me back. Probably not.

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

New in the box, mine comes Thursday.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I called today and just told them I have not been getting incoming calls and they offered the 3 phones to me right away. The Charge had to be ordered from a local store so it took a bit but was really no hassle. I should have it on Friday.

Kind of bittersweet as I really like the SF. I hope the hard buttons on the Charge don't bother me too much either. We might actually have 4g in my area soon so it could be sweet. I wanted to stay with the S Amoled+ screen ;)

BTW: They did mention a software update in July that was supposed to fix the issue but they actually told me this after the Charge had been ordered.

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
My gf just got the charge ordered for her because of the fascinate incoming call issue, but they told her they could only switch her to the charge.She is so lucky, I want the charge.

gypsy76#AC

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Glad I read this thread called 611 and they sent me to the store for ordering. The store had no clue 611 called them. By tomorrow I will have a Droid charge. They did offer X2 or Inc 2, but 4G hmmm easy decision. For those attempting this official swap call 611 first and make sure they notate your account and confirm the memo with your local store, as i stated 611 called the store to confirm there wouldn't be a problem. Also they did state at firstthere is an update coming out but if you do not want to wait, then we will swap your device.... so thanks to the OG poster. Seings how I'm getting rid of my fifth fascinate I guess there was a problem afterall.

bmoore0909

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I just called and said "I have had dropped calls since the 2.2 update" (which is true)...and they said that it's a known issue and offered me the Inc2 or the X2. I normally would do research as to which one I should get, but I wanted to do it right then just in case I got a different tech that wasnt so nice next time. I chose the X2. They are sending it in the mail and I'll have it on Thursday.
I was hesitant to ask since I thought it was a good deal for the other two as well, but I did ask for any 4g phone that would be available and he said no.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois