08-30-2011 02:56 AM
41 12
tools
    Is anyone other than me still getting missed calls even with the update? Two missed yesterday.

I know I am 2.2 miles from the closest tower and I only get 1 bar at best, but the calls should still be getting through. If I call Verizon again they will probably want to switch me to a Dinc or X2. I love my Faci, but the Idea of a cellphone is to make and receive call #1, and other things #2. We don't have 4G in my area (lucky to get 3G actually) so a Charge wont do me much good unless the radio is better. Any ideas on boosting signal strength of the radio, or is that not the problem?

Last time I called Verizon we talked about a Network Extender, but I didn't see why I had to pay for something when I was already forking out money for their service to begin with ... and maybe that isn't the problem anyway.
    08-01-2011 07:38 AM
    I have been missing calls still, even in areas with good reception. I didn't receive too many over the weekend so I don't know what the frequency is, but it is happening.
    08-01-2011 09:11 AM
    Yup. Missed few calls too. Waiting on a refurb fascinate, but not too confident the refurb model will be any better.
    08-01-2011 11:35 AM
    I missed two calls yesterday, and one this morning. This afternoon my phone is unusable. All I get is a Force Close with a note that app.twlauncher has stopped. This is the third Fascinate that I have had, I just got this one last Thursday.

I am so sick of spending hours $*(@&* with this phone I went to the local Verizon store and now have a Dinc2 on the way. Goodbye Samsung and your software bugs, I will miss the screen, but hopefully the Dinc2 will work better to make up for the screen.
    08-01-2011 03:14 PM
    Here's the bottom line on this one... The ED04/ED05 software is a total dud. Both are riddled with problems & Verizon knows it. That is why they instituted the trade out program for a X2, Charge, or Dinc2. Now they are saying.... key word saying.... that program is over. But I got them to trade out my & my wife's phone on Friday after they say it was 'OFFICIALLY' over. New phones came today & we said so long to the Fascinate.

I can't blame Verizon for this issue as the software was coded by Samsung. Verizon however supposedly tests this software before it is released so they share some responsibility for the problems.
    08-01-2011 03:17 PM
    I am getting another fascinate sent to me next week. Oh well. Hopefully this one works. If it doesn't, I would hope they don't just offer me another phone of the same model. That would be grounds for making me an angry little panda.

Quick question. Since this is my first smart phone...can I just save my games to my SD card and they will be the same when I put them in the new phone? As you can tell, besides phone calls, I really care about my games!!!
    08-01-2011 04:38 PM
    Guys I suggest dumping Froyo on the Fascinate and load up either CM7 or JT's Vanilla Gingerbread. Froyo and the Fascinate were just not meant to be friends.
    08-01-2011 04:50 PM
    So SFO,

Is Gingerbread that much better for the radio? Have you missed any calls with the custom rom?
    08-01-2011 04:59 PM
    So SFO,

Is Gingerbread that much better for the radio? Have you missed any calls with the custom rom?
    I have been using the EC09 radio since the GB leak first hit. It helped my device even on Froyo based ROMS. I have now moved over to JT's Vanilla GB from CM7 and have excellent and stable signals where I never did with Froyo. I wasn't aware of any missed calls on CM7 (heavy user, work and personal) from people who told me constantly I called but you didn't answer.

I have only been on Vanilla since late last night so I can't really say but not expecting any missed ones if it is as good as CM7.

One thing to remember, all devices perform differently. So give GB a try you can always go back if you don't like it.

Good luck.
    08-01-2011 05:29 PM
    I'm going to say ED05 is worse. But don't want another phone that V offers. Seriously how do they design these phones? Come up with a good phone then pick the 3 most drugged out fools to put the finishing touches on them? I can just see the Charge before and after...3 fools "hey lets make it 2001 retro with some buttons". Big V "well only the 3 fools like the buttons but lets go with it..."
    Anyway at this point I'm thinking of the missed calls as a feature. If one out of say 30 calls is a sales call, then 1 out of 30 missed calls is a missed sales call. Works for me.
    08-01-2011 05:38 PM
    I may be one of the few - but i am still on kangbang 2.2 with now an ED05 modem, and not once can i say that i have had any missed calls. I am not sure if it is a regional thing, a certain batch of phones that was made, or what, but i love my phone - LOVE IT! Sorry to those who are having problems, but i agree with some others on here that say try switching to a new rom like cm7 and see if that helps you out. The specs of the phone itself is hard to beat and if it can be fixed - i say go for it. I am more curious as to how many people aren't having the problem. Again for me, i have been good.
    08-01-2011 06:20 PM
    I haven't had any missed call problems, but since the update my outgoing messages aren't being sent. Anyone else having that problem? Sucks, because I just realized it today when people at work were asking why I wasn't responding.
    08-01-2011 06:31 PM
    Thanks for the info SFo.

I wish I could say I don't have any issues. The phone is great so far, but the spotty data connection and missed calls is a joke. It is bad on both my wife's phone and my own.

Well hopefully I'll have time and the guts this week to try a custom rom.
    08-01-2011 07:28 PM
    Wife phone is still having issues just got off the phone with support and they are sending me a refurbished fascinate not too excited but I'll play the game for about a week. FYI she tried to set me up with a Dinc2 but was denied due to the update she informed me to try the new device at least...

Sent from my buddy's Andriod using Tapatalk
    08-01-2011 08:05 PM
    I'd say this missed calls this is getting out of hand, well at least for those of us unfortunate enough to suffer the dread of not knowing how many important calls were never received.

I only found this out a couple weeks ago, so ED04 was the build, when I was called from the same room and my phone did not ring, get a voicemail or missed call of any sort. The person tried calling twice in the same room with no results. This got me going on looking to solve the problem. I updated to ED05 after it was pushed out and that was no help. In fact I did a test, and out of 8 test calls from four different phones in the same house, two did not show up at all. So just on a whim of a test I did not get 25% of my calls, that is quite unsettling. I also tested in safe mode and did factory reset. In both cases some calls were still not registered- 4 that I am aware of. Even more disappointing now my gps wont lock now and I cant say if it was like that before the update or not, maybe something went wrong after factory reset? Well....

Its now ended in me getting a replacement phone, Verizon gave me the choice of DINC2 or X2. I called four times speaking to four techs, and the first two were just to walk through trouble shooting. Yesterday was the fourth time I called and explained very precisely and calmly my situation and they just flatly said I can have a different phone. I chose the X2 and I'll wait to see if it is refurb or new.

BTW: I was told on the phone that even the new updates have not fully addressed the issues and that they did not give me a refurbished or new fascinate because of this reason....Its such a shame because the phone still has so much potential.
    08-02-2011 04:01 PM
    Same thing happened to me..
    While I loved my Fascinate, receiving calls was too important.

Hence why I now own an Incredible 2!!

RIP FASCINATE

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
    08-02-2011 11:17 PM
    I personally had minimal issues with my Fascinate, however I still traded out for a Dinc2 and I'm glad I did, I've had it for around two weeks now and I've yet to have a force close. The phone runs so smooth out of the box I doubt I'll do anything to it. Sure the screen isn't as great but having better manufacturer support, Gingerbread, and 768MB of RAM justifies it for me. Plus battery life is awesome, considering I pulled two days with the Fascinate.
    08-03-2011 03:01 AM
    well i haven't missed any calls (yet) but...new to my phone after the update: texts failed to go through twice and the 3G goes to 1x A LOT. Now the battery seems to be better over the day but while I was at work, it went down to 5%, I turned it off for a hour and once I turned it on and started charging it, magically the battery went up to 37%. Last Samsung phone and most likely leaving Vzn. I may have missed something but I'm not impressed anymore.
    08-03-2011 09:30 AM
    I am having problems with missed calls. A verizon rep told me Lookout security can cause problems. When it is removed, I seem to get calls. Can anybody else check this out?

Thanks Dan
    08-03-2011 12:08 PM
    well i haven't missed any calls (yet) but...new to my phone after the update: texts failed to go through twice and the 3G goes to 1x A LOT.
    Your 3g will go away when making a phone call or sending a text.
    08-03-2011 12:50 PM
    I am having problems with missed calls. A verizon rep told me Lookout security can cause problems. When it is removed, I seem to get calls. Can anybody else check this out?

Thanks Dan
    I'm not having any problems and use lookout.
    08-03-2011 12:52 PM
    Your 3g will go away when making a phone call or sending a text.
    that i didn't know. But it's just during the day while browsing, it'll go from 3G down to 1x. I'll turn airplane mode on and then off and it'll be ok for an hour or so and then starts all over again. This morning I couldn't get it back to 3g so I tried 228/2 and it "reset" it. Just very odd that it didn't do that before the 05 update. Sometimes I miss my little flip phone....
    08-03-2011 05:30 PM
    Still missing calls and text messages. Also this stupid 05 has my battery draining like a pot of pasta in the sink...wtf
    08-03-2011 10:11 PM
    that i didn't know. But it's just during the day while browsing, it'll go from 3G down to 1x. I'll turn airplane mode on and then off and it'll be ok for an hour or so and then starts all over again. This morning I couldn't get it back to 3g so I tried 228/2 and it "reset" it. Just very odd that it didn't do that before the 05 update. Sometimes I miss my little flip phone....
    This may have more to do with verizon's network. Seems like a lot of verizon customers across various phones have been having a lot of data connection problems since verizon rolled out 4G.
    08-03-2011 10:21 PM
    Try this... if you are NOT rooted, observe NOT rooted; Call Verizon & have the customer service rep transfer you to lvl 2 tech support. These are the peeps that can fix this for you. They have a procedure they can follow that will have you pull the battery from your device & leave it out. On their end they can poll your phone from the tower (yes they can do that even without the battery in it) & reset the connection your phone makes to the tower. Then you will reinsert your battery, power up & do a *228 option 2 to update roaming. After your phone resets you should be good to go.

I have had to have that done multiple times in the past after major tower work in my area. we know have 2 towers in my home area that are within 3-3.5 miles of my residence & work so I get 4 bars continuously whereas before it was 1 all the time. Just have your phone reset by lvl 2 tech support & it may help you out .
    08-05-2011 05:05 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD