Samsung Root issues

jasen

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I used the FascinateRoot_v02 to root my wife's Samsung Fascinate.
Several attempts failed but eventually I got Super user one there.

I then downloaded the cm_fascinatemtd_full-7.zip and used Clockwork to install it.
It was successful and rebooted to recovery.

Now in recovery it starts unpacking and then fails.
E: failed to verify whole file signature

I found that I I should have an option to Toggle Verification in the Boot Recovery but it is not showing up in the recovery.

I've almost got this thing working but this road block is driving me insane.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

jasen

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Just so I'm clear.

I have Super user in the apps.
I have allowed super user permissions for clockwork.
I pressed Flash ClockworkMod Recovery to install ClockworkMod Recovery image. It says success.
Chose Reboot into Recovery

Now when in recovery it doesn't say clockwork recovery at the top, instead it says Android (v3)

I install update from SD and get this.

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:No signature (188 files)
E:Verification failed
Installation aborted.

I rooted my Incredible simply using unrevoked. Super easy, didn't have an issue at all.

I have no idea where to go from here though. I tried renaming the file in Astro, made sure the update is in the root of the SD. Even removed it all and started over from scratch.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You might not have the correct CWM installed which is why you are getting errors.
Here is what you do...
1. Check out this post
2. Download then ODIN the CWM from the tiny url link
3. Wipe the "big three" Davlik Cache, Regular Cache and Data (make a backup first if you feel like it)
4. Download the latest CM7 update to your SD card (the files is under 100MB so find a card that works)
5. Reboot your phone and enjoy!
6. This is optional. Find yourself a Kernel that you like. This is the advanced class if you are not familiar with what it is.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just so I'm clear.

I have Super user in the apps.
I have allowed super user permissions for clockwork.
I pressed Flash ClockworkMod Recovery to install ClockworkMod Recovery image. It says success.
Chose Reboot into Recovery

Now when in recovery it doesn't say clockwork recovery at the top, instead it says Android (v3)

I install update from SD and get this.

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:No signature (188 files)
E:Verification failed
Installation aborted.

I rooted my Incredible simply using unrevoked. Super easy, didn't have an issue at all.

I have no idea where to go from here though. I tried renaming the file in Astro, made sure the update is in the root of the SD. Even removed it all and started over from scratch.

Do not download CWM from rom manager. Rom manager does not work for the Fascinate except for downloading nightlies of CM7.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance