Working Gingerbread LED Flashlight app???

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
So since I've gone to GB I can't get any LED flashlight app to work. I've been on MIUI, CM7, and am currently on Vanilla Gingerbread from jt1134 and on all the LED flash works with the camera but not with any flashlight apps. Has anyone else had this problem and if so did you find a fix? Thanks in advance.

domenci

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Count me in as interested, that's pretty much the only thing holding me back from switching (I use that thing all the time at work)

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Nope, sorry guys. Last I knew there were no apps that allowed the camera flash to be used as a flashlight on any of the AOSP Gingerbread ROMs for the Fascinate. The only one that had a chance was torch. I just downloaded and tried 5 different ones and none of them worked on jt's vanilla GB

jobzombi

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I use the "Instant Heart rate" for this. IT is some app that measures your heart rate by having your finger cover the led and the camera measure fluctuations in heart rate by the coloring of your finger. Doesn't really work for that, but I use it as an LED flashlight.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Apparently jt1134 or sbrissen got the flashlight app Torch working on AOSP. May want to check around to confirm that, but I'm pretty sure I saw something in IRC about that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463