Who wants a garbage disposal for their Fascinate

sparesr4sissies

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
As I've stated in other similar posts, I absolutely love my Fascinate. What exactly is your issue with this phone? Have you looked into options such as other ROMs, etc. that can improve performance and remove Verizon bloatware?

I am currently running CM7 on my phone and is in amazing. When my phone was stock, it was still the best phone I've ever used. The screen is amazing, and the performance was on par or better than any other phone out there.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
only thing poopoo about US galaxy S is the update support other than that they are amazing phones hardware wise...

Agreed. I love this phone when it is working properly on the right ROM/kernel combo, but having to change things so often to get around glitches and problems is getting old. I'm a huge Samsung fan and own many of their products, but the Fascinate just seems to have missed the beat over time. I'd love to get a Charge or possibly switch to AT&T for the Infuse. I'm done with this one though.

rapideyemovement

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. I love this phone when it is working properly on the right ROM/kernel combo, but having to change things so often to get around glitches and problems is getting old. I'm a huge Samsung fan and own many of their products, but the Fascinate just seems to have missed the beat over time. I'd love to get a Charge or possibly switch to AT&T for the Infuse. I'm done with this one though.

Exactly how I feel, except I'm ditching Android all together. Its starting to remind me of Windows. iOS with jailbreak is getting my attention again.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Exactly how I feel, except I'm ditching Android all together. Its starting to remind me of Windows. iOS with jailbreak is getting my attention again.

As with Windows, I would not blame Android based on the device it's on. It's like saying all Windows computers are bad because your E-Machines crashed. Based on the specs, this phone is still amazing. But for some reason what few minor problems the phone had on release still have not been fully fixed, as well as others emerging over time. It is Samsung and Verizon that are to blame here. Not Android.

THARD11

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
As with Windows, I would not blame Android based on the device it's on. It's like saying all Windows computers are bad because your E-Machines crashed. Based on the specs, this phone is still amazing. But for some reason what few minor problems the phone had on release still have not been fully fixed, as well as others emerging over time. It is Samsung and Verizon that are to blame here. Not Android.
I do! 3 missed calls so far today and its not even lunch time.

THARD11

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
But not every Android phone has that problem. That's my point. Just because there's a problem with this phone doesn't mean there is with all Android phones.

Agreed I think this is a Samsung issue. My daughter and I have the Fascinate and both have the same issues. We have both had 3 refurbs each and issues continue.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
And there is not a problem with every Fascinate either! Mine is fine.

Agreed. The replacement Fascinates I got are doing much better. It looks like Samsung might have actually done something with the ones they're sending out. Signal is on average -10dBm better with these compared to my old ones. Also, the build sticker under the battery is dated 08/01/11. I can finally go back to loving my phone.

briguyy

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I was ready for the garbage disposal because i couldnt do anything to get the GPS to work. I called Verizon and they sent me another Fascinate, now the GPS is so so good. Everything else about the phone i like.

willenium_1217

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Do you want to make your Fascinate the way it should have been shipped. Check out this ROM! Sort of like a release while back from Adrynalyne that was using Froyo for the Mesmerize, this is using Gingerbread. not only that its 2.3.4, many phones like the Droid 2 only got 2.3.3 Anyway, I have been using it and it makes me appreciate my fascinate again. It has some minor glitches but nothing like the major ones that have plague the fascinate before.

[ROM][i500][09/01][EH09][ODIN][2.3.4] PWGB v2.0b3 TW-Based ROM - xda-developers

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I would second the "don't blame Android" comment. I had a Fascinate for probably a year, bought it when it was first released. The screen was truly beautiful, and the hardware overall was pretty good, aside from the weak antenna. Samsung and Verizon's software is where things went downhill.

I swapped mine and my wife's Fascinates for Incredible 2's, and the stock Android is pretty much flawless. Even still, I'm currently running MIUI (Android 2.3.5) and have all the elegance of the iPhone, all the capabilities of Android and ALL the hardware is supported. I couldn't be more satisfied. Don't judge Android based on a handicapped version running on a difficult to develop for phone like the Fascinate.

Incidentally, I recently dug up my old iPhone 3G, cleared it off and updated to the latest iOS. Running them side-by-side, iOS honestly feels like a toy. It's still fun to play with, but it's capabilities are just incredibly limited by Apple's blind compulsion for dumbing down the UI in the name of supposed "ease of use".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance