MIUI'd Facinate sends Blank Texts

S2005

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
*Disclaimer, Yes, I used search. I also Google'd it, and have searched other forums too*

I flashed a Fascinate to MIUI 1.9.16 and everything seemed to be working fine. I love it.

Then, I realized I wasn't getting any text messages. I text'd someone, and they got a blank message.

Had stock Verizon Android OS (2.2.2 I think). I flashed it to DI01 (2.1) and used Clockworkmod to flash the MIUI zip. I feel I missed a step...

I did a Captivate yesterday, and I had to do all sorts of files. The ZIP, the PDA, the Phone, the CSC, the PIT, etc... oh and a Kernel...

I couldn't find much info on flashing a ROM on a Fascinate... the Captivate had tons of info.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
*Disclaimer, Yes, I used search. I also Google'd it, and have searched other forums too*

I flashed a Fascinate to MIUI 1.9.16 and everything seemed to be working fine. I love it.

Then, I realized I wasn't getting any text messages. I text'd someone, and they got a blank message.

Had stock Verizon Android OS (2.2.2 I think). I flashed it to DI01 (2.1) and used Clockworkmod to flash the MIUI zip. I feel I missed a step...

I did a Captivate yesterday, and I had to do all sorts of files. The ZIP, the PDA, the Phone, the CSC, the PIT, etc... oh and a Kernel...

I couldn't find much info on flashing a ROM on a Fascinate... the Captivate had tons of info.

This sounds like you are using the wrong radio/modem.
i havent even been around enough to know if that rom is compatible with the fascinate. but if it is it is probably based on a later version of android so you would need a later modem version.
I have been out of the loop for awhile so if someone can jump in and help out.

S2005

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
That's what I was thinking too... I don't know what radio/modem to use... we also didn't do anything with the Kernel (At least I don't think we did)...

I used this How To here on the site... (By JaeKar99)

We got the MIUI ROM and didn't download anything else...

In order of what we did:

1)Used ODIN to flash back to DI01package3.tar
2)Used ODIN to flash cwm-recovery-ALL
3)Used cwm-recovery-ALL to flash the zip MIUI.us_fascinatemtd_1.9.16_Eng_Deo_ZipA_Signed_andmer

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
That's what I was thinking too... I don't know what radio/modem to use... we also didn't do anything with the Kernel (At least I don't think we did)...

In order of what we did:

3)Used cwm-recovery-ALL to flash the zip MIUI.us_fascinatemtd_1.9.16_Eng_Deo_ZipA_Signed_andmer

yeah well using DI01 package then jumping up to this is def the problem. It is a 2.3.4 based rom and you are using a 2.1 radio and im not sure if the kernel is included in the rom.

i would flash to the latest odin package available then try this again.
like i said i have been out of the loop awhile so someone will need to jump in and help out on where you should be before you attempt to install this rom again.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

In order of what we did:

I contacted Landshark and he suggests EC09 modem and Glitch kernel , that should get you running again .

S2005

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok cool, I'll do that.

I know where to find the EC09 modem, but which Glitch kernel? I'm assuming this one?

Also, do I just download and use ODIN to flash both of these on there? Or do I need to copy them to the SD and use CWM?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok cool, I'll do that.

I know where to find the EC09 modem, but which Glitch kernel? I'm assuming this one?

Also, do I just download and use ODIN to flash both of these on there? Or do I need to copy them to the SD and use CWM?

flash the modem with odin,
kernel flashes through clockwork

S2005

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I got the modem and ROM working fine.

Do I even need the Kernel? The phone seems to be working perfectly without it right now...

I like the idea of THIS Kernel, but I'm not sure which to get... the guy has 6 versions for download...

V11 Low Leakage
V11 Medium Leakage
V11 High Leakage

V12 Low Leakage
V12 Medium Leakage
V12 High Leakage

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Do I even need the Kernel? The phone seems to be working perfectly without it right now...

I like the idea of THIS Kernel, but I'm not sure which to get... the guy has 6 versions for download...

V11 Low Leakage
V11 Medium Leakage
V11 High Leakage

V12 Low Leakage
V12 Medium Leakage
V12 High Leakage

if you are happy the way its working then its fine, and in order to find what works best for you then you will need to try them because different kernels work differently for everyone

S2005

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Does the phone/ROM have to have the Kernel to function properly? I don't notice any problems, but that doesn't mean there aren't any...

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

V11 Low Leakage
V11 Medium Leakage
V11 High Leakage

V12 Low Leakage
V12 Medium Leakage
V12 High Leakage

Yeah, that's the Glitch kernel. The included kernel with MIUI may be from jt1134 and is damn good, or andmer may have developed his own kernel. My experience with the Glitch kernel was it just seemed to do some magical work and make the phone absolutely hum. If you are going to use it, use the V12. Determining whether to use the low, medium, or high leak is just trial and error. It all depends on the processor in the phone.