Google, Phone, and Facebook contact's pictures

BastilleDay

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I have my contacts linked with Facebook. The icons are their profile pictures in the contacts list, but they are blank in my SMS app/log. Is there a way to have Facebook pictures show up in the Messaging app? I've tried setting a default account, and googled, but nothing came up. Thanks.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have my contacts linked with Facebook. The icons are their profile pictures in the contacts list, but they are blank in my SMS app/log. Is there a way to have Facebook pictures show up in the Messaging app? I've tried setting a default account, and googled, but nothing came up. Thanks.

After you synced contacts with facebook did you join the facebook contacts and google contacts? From your contacts page go menu=>display options, uncheck "display only contacts with phone numbers" then hit "done" this should take you back to your contacts and you should see facebook contacts and either phone or google contacts displayed depending on whether you backup your contacts through google or through verizon backup assistant. For every phone/google contact that also has a facebook contact, long press on the google/phone contact and choose "join contact", then join it with the facebook contact. The facebook pics should now always appear when you get a text or call from that contact.

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
After you synced contacts with facebook did you join the facebook contacts and google contacts? From your contacts page go menu=>display options, uncheck "display only contacts with phone numbers" then hit "done" this should take you back to your contacts and you should see facebook contacts and either phone or google contacts displayed depending on whether you backup your contacts through google or through verizon backup assistant. For every phone/google contact that also has a facebook contact, long press on the google/phone contact and choose "join contact", then join it with the facebook contact. The facebook pics should now always appear when you get a text or call from that contact.

One of my least favorite process after changing ROM's by the way..

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site

Which is part of the reason I've been on ED05 since it rolled out..I was going to trade up for a charge, so I left UKB land and headed back to stock. the day I was headed in to swap out, my neighbor, who conveniently is a VZW rep, called and said the promo was over and that an OTA was sending out. I haven't looked back, as ED05 is actually not to bad for a stock ROM. CM7.1 is starting to get tempting now though..time for a change I think..

Which brings me back to the fact that I hate doing this process.. :'(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC