Tried Installing OTA update EH03, now stuck at Samsung screen

outergarage

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Tried installing the OTA update EH03 today on my stock phone. It downloaded fine, but while installing it is stuck on the Samsung screen. Suggestions?

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
First, I would recommend pulling the battery and rebooting. If a battery pull and reboot don't work, then I would suggest booting into recovery (hold down both volume buttons while holding power, let go after Samsung logo pops up the second time) and do a factory reset. You'll lose all your apps and texts and other data, but if your phone won't boot, it,s as good as lost anyway...

outergarage

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
First, I would recommend pulling the battery and rebooting. If a battery pull and reboot don't work, then I would suggest booting into recovery (hold down both volume buttons while holding power, let go after Samsung logo pops up the second time) and do a factory reset. You'll lose all your apps and texts and other data, but if your phone won't boot, it,s as good as lost anyway...

Thanks for the help, but it was a no go. After booting into recovery it then locked up there. Would not scroll up or down to do a factory reset or even reboot.

Verizon is sending me another phone.

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. I'm stuck on recovery now too.

Volume rockers move and power button selects.

Hold up Volume and power and that will reboot (ctl, alt, del).

If you have an option in recovery that says install update.zip, go to that and select. This will re-install the downloaded GB but should not erase anything.

discombobulate

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Volume rockers move and power button selects.

Hold up Volume and power and that will reboot (ctl, alt, del).

If you have an option in recovery that says install update.zip, go to that and select. This will re-install the downloaded GB but should not erase anything.

My rockers are non-responsive. They don't change selection. Power button doesn't function either.
Vol. Up + Power did reboot it though.

Oh, and there's this too:

broken.jpg

Last edited:

outergarage

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I decided to flash back to ED01 with Odin and trying OTA update again.

Update: The OTA update worked the second time.

Last edited:

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
My rockers are non-responsive. They don't change selection. Power button doesn't function either.
Vol. Up + Power did reboot it though.

Oh, and there's this too:

Click to view quoted image

Looks like a bunk download. Just ODIN the full release. That would be your best bet.

Download the full release from here:(full tar package/radio)(EH03){odin/heimdall} Verizon 2.3.5 TWGB (cwr ver as well) - xda-developers

Follow the instructions in post # 2 below, replacing EC09 with EH03 from thread above.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...aked-gingerbread-ec09-full-stock-package.html

Good luck

abumashi

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone confirm if this worked? Im having the same problem, just went in to verizon and they said there was nothing they could do except order me a new phone. I'd rather not wait that long if I can just do it myself.

RDeFilippi

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Tried the OTA update, it downloaded OK, rebooted once and then got stuck at the Samsung screen. I waited over an hour before pulling the battery and got exactly the same screen Discombobulate got. Went to Verizion, they scratched their heads and said "sorry can't fix it and BTW, :(it is over the warranty period by a week". WTF? Luckily, I bought it from Best Buy and had an extended warranty. They'll be sending me a refurbished model in 5 days and gave me a loaner in the meantime. So much for all the beta-testing they did before pushing out the update!!!

Aster#AC

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Lttlwing16 thank you for those links. It was a life saver as my phone also got stuck in the corrupted state after the OTA update. You saved my phone and now I am starting to feel a little more confortable with flashing it. :)

Eighty_3#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded the update but then it just went back to normal screen. It did not install nor did it even attempt to install. Where did the download go? :confused:

treno

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
The OTA update from Verizon totally bricked my phone. I just spent an hour with tech support and they think the download must have become corrupted somehow. Like everyone else here, my Fascinate rebooted after the download and stuck on the Samsung screen for about 45 minutes before I decided to call support. Recovery does not work because it cannot find any recovery files. New phone on the way, but it won't be here until Monday. They put my old BB Storm on my account until then. Now if I can just remember where I put the damn thing!!!!! :(

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
the instructions on the 1st page worked! thank you guys so much. I was able to fix my wife's phone after vzw told her there was nothing that could be done.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX