After Verizon update Superuser does not work, I need help!

tsramek

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
About a month ago I rooted my Verizon Fascinate (SCH-I500) using the Super One Click method. Everything was great and I was able to use Wireless tether for use with my Kindle Fire. Now earlier this week while I was at work Verizon pushed a software update to my phone
Firmware 2.3.5
Kernel2.6.35.7
and now my apps that require Superuser access do not work. I attempted to re-root my phone using Super One Click, and it did not work. I still have Superuser Elite installed on my phone, but any time I try and use Wireless Tether it will not give superuser access. Can anybody help me?

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I am by no means an expert but I have been given to understand that if your phone is rooted (super user) that your phone would not accept Verizon's OTA updates. That your phone did update seems to indicate to me that your phone was not rooted after all. I had to unroot my phone to get the OTA update then re-root it.. As to fixing it, I am sure some of the true experts here will be able to help you.

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
All you have to do is reroot. However, Super One Click no longer works. The easiest way to root is to head over to XDA and download the deodexed Rom of the EH03 build. Flash it with CWM and you're good to go. Or, if you're so inclined, the ADB rooting instructions should be available in the op of the same thread.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol