I'm NOT looking for just a stock messaging replacement app. I'm looking for an app that allows texting without a texting plan (pretty sure it MUST require a new number). I have a Google Voice account, but I can only send 5 messages at a time. I'd like to be able to send more than that. That's pretty much the only thing wrong with Google Voice. So in summary, things I require (the last is just a super strong prefer).

- Be able to send messages to multiple (25-ish people),
    - FREE (thinking that must require a new number - and must be done via data - not phone's normal messaging)
    - Have them in a group and be able to just add the group (instead of individually typing them in) - not too much of a problem to get around - would be willing to just copy a list of numbers separated by a comma and paste in the "to:" area.

Feel free to let me know if any of these out if you KNOW that they do not do the things above that I desire.

- Nimbuzz
    - Handcent
    - Go SMS Pro
    - textPlus
    - Pinger (textfree)
    - Google Voice
    - Chomp SMS
    - WhatsApp
    - HeyWire

Thanks for any help you guys could think of.
    12-13-2011 05:28 PM
    I use WhatsApp on my Fascinate to regularly text my co-workers over in Spain (I'm in Michigan). It's free - lets you set up groups of users to send 1 msg to many, etc. We love it.
    03-22-2012 01:56 PM
    BUT everyone needs to have what's app installed. I don't like the app itself, but haywire works like a SMS app giving you a new number but uses data.
    If there's a better one, I'd use it too.
    03-22-2012 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD