This is something I hadn't seen until the EH03 update. If I leave my Fascinate plugged in to charge overnight it will indicate 100% in the morning, which I expect. But, as soon as I unplug the charger it drops to 80% at the most. Sometimes it will show the battery level is at 68%. This happens as soon as the charger cable is unplugged from the phone!

However, if I disconnect the charger from the phone when the level indicates in the 90+% range (before reaching 100%), then the phone doesn't lose any of the charge immediately.

Also, It seems the longer the phone remains on the charger after reaching the 100% level, the more charge is lost when it's disconnected.

Can someone explain what might be happening or how to fix this? Nothing else was modified or added after the update, other than the update itself.

Thanks for any help!
    12-22-2011 06:32 PM
    It's a known issue. After full charge the device won't trickle charge keeping the battery above 95% If you root and try Superclean try one of the KGB trickle kernels. I'm running the 12/12 and it fixes the issue and runs really smooth.

[KERNEL][TWGB][updated 12/12] KGB Kernel: A Kernel for Gingerbread (EH09/EI20/EH03) - xda-developers
    12-22-2011 07:23 PM
    Thanks Steve! I've had the phone for over a year and never rooted, so I guess it's something I'll have to live with until the next update...perhaps(?)
    12-23-2011 03:22 AM
    Thanks Steve! I've had the phone for over a year and never rooted, so I guess it's something I'll have to live with until the next update...perhaps(?)
    Your welcome. The next update or an official fix/patch may be a ways off or never come. The process to flash Superclean and then a custom Kernel is not hard.
    12-23-2011 09:18 AM
    Steve, I read through the rooting posts. Are there updated instructions using a Mac OS X (Lion) for rooting with Superclean & a custom Kernel on a phone with the Gingerbread update? The instructional posts here show an update as of 4/07 using CWM still with Froyo.
    12-23-2011 01:54 PM
    Steve, I read through the rooting posts. Are there updated instructions using a Mac OS X (Lion) for rooting with Superclean & a custom Kernel on a phone with the Gingerbread update? The instructional posts here show an update as of 4/07 using CWM still with Froyo.
    I really don't know. Hopefully one of the other Mac guys will help you out .
    12-23-2011 05:00 PM
    Could just be the battery and phone aren't in sync. Try this if you aren't keen on the root option . It might work.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=140144

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    12-26-2011 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD