Not receiving new mail notices

SEAKevin

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
For some reason all of a sudden I am no longer getting any new mail notifications when I get new emails in my gmail account. I've only got one gmail account associated with my phone and it no longer even updates unless I go into it and hit the refresh button. I have not changed any mail or notification settings..it's still set up to make a sound and display a notification when a new email comes in, but it just stopped functioning about a week ago. See my profile for my current configuration.. I haven't tinkered by hacking anything on my phone in many months so it's strange that it would just stop working.

Thanks.

Jmac9

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
1) Check your account sync setting and make sure it is still set to sync.
2) I've had issues with Gmail once in awhile....the easiest fix is to uninstall and reinstall.
3)Update your ROM my good man.....step out of the box MIUI/CM7/ICS await!!!! :)

Reactions: SEAKevin

polobuds

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
For some reason all of a sudden I am no longer getting any new mail notifications when I get new emails in my gmail account. I've only got one gmail account associated with my phone and it no longer even updates unless I go into it and hit the refresh button. I have not changed any mail or notification settings..it's still set up to make a sound and display a notification when a new email comes in, but it just stopped functioning about a week ago. See my profile for my current configuration.. I haven't tinkered by hacking anything on my phone in many months so it's strange that it would just stop working.

Thanks.

The exact same thing happened to me. Started about two months ago. It's annoying, and I have no idea why it stopped all of a sudden. I even deleted the account and reactivated and it still wont push emails through. I have to go into the app and select refresh.You cant uninstall because it came pre-loaded, unless someone has another way of uninstalling it. If not, maybe battery pull. And if that doesnt work, do as he says and time to update my ROM.

let me know if you find a solution.

GL

double p

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the stock email app? I've had that problem since day one with the stock app but switched to K-9 mail and have no problems. I like it better because you can set up quiet time hours so the alerts don't sound all night long.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SEAKevin

JerseyJeanie

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Well I was having the same problem. But I am too lazy to delete the program and reinstall (if I even could as it came with the phone) AND I didn't want to try the other program (but made note of it in case this doesn't work)... so I turned off the phone, took out the battery, put it back in, turned on the phone and VOILA! My gmail pushing is working again... but we shall see how long it lasts :) Thanks everyone!

SEAKevin

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the stock email app? I've had that problem since day one with the stock app but switched to K-9 mail and have no problems. I like it better because you can set up quiet time hours so the alerts don't sound all night long.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
I am using the stock mail app. Maybe I'll first try deleting it and reinstalling.. I'm rooted so that shouldn't be a problem. If that doesn't work maybe I'll try K9. Thanks.

polobuds

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I am using the stock mail app. Maybe I'll first try deleting it and reinstalling.. I'm rooted so that shouldn't be a problem. If that doesn't work maybe I'll try K9. Thanks.

ditto. using the stock gmail app. FWIW, i tried deleting the gmail app and it came up with a message that I would have to do a factory reset in order to do that. I didnt want to lose my ROM and apps, so I didnt do it. If anyone knows of another way to uninstall, please let me know.

if all else fails, i'll check out K-9 as well.

Thanks

joedirt2217

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Go to settings>applications>manage applications>gmail and force stop and clear data. Open gmail app and all should be good.

Renee Wagner

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Start deleting the last few apps downloaded. One of them is causing this.i deleted 2 games( mahjong solitaire, and jewel delux, and pandora)
Then power phone offand back on. Suddenly my emails all began coming thru again. Now to figure out which one is the culprit.

Michael Medeiros

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem and solved it. I had unknowingly set an auto battery saver that disabled auto-sync during my peak times of use. I removed that from the list and everything is fixed. No doubt, if you are having this problem, it involves the sync settings.

To check your sync, look at: settings/Accounts & Sync. I think the automatic battery saver is only on the Sony Xperia Device. I simply click on the battery icon from my main screen.

nandaroo

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
Drive won't let me update my password

Thanks.

dsteenburg

Apr 16, 2018
Visit site
Re: Drive won't let me update my password

When Michael Medeiros above mentioned the battery saver, it twigged with me. I never installed a battery saver app but as I recall, one of the Android updates brought the battery saver app with it and I started using it. In my memory I seemed to recall the automatic mail syncing stopped after an upgrade, so I tried turning off the battery saver and suddenly I was getting e-mail notifications again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC