I've started experiencing this couple days ago. It looks like the phone is doing something in the background and I cannot figure out what it is. I do have my apps updating automatically and I can't tell what triggered this issue.

I noticed an icon that I haven't seen or just didn't notice before that is constantly on. My phone lags like crazy and becomes unresponsive. The battery is draining like crazy. When I turn the mobile data, gps, and wifi off, seems like the phone acts normal.

After some time spent Googling, I downloaded OS Monitor and I see that "Daily Briefing" has the biggest load which I don't use. I haven't added any cities for the weather or local news or stocks and it's set to never sync.

Anybody notice the same problem?

Here is the icon I'm talking about.

OS Monitor
    02-24-2012 02:02 AM
    That's the sync icon.. seems like you're stuck in a sync loop. If you go to Menu.. Settings.. Accounts & Sync... Go into all of your accounts.. Do you see that sync icon spinning non stop anywhere?
    02-24-2012 02:19 AM
    None of the sync icons next to my accounts are spinning. But the sync icon is still on.
    02-24-2012 02:23 AM
    Are you going into each account so that it shows all the options for what is set to sync?
    02-24-2012 05:35 AM
    Do you have Touchdown installed? I get the same icon once Touchdown has completed a sync. Just my .02.
    02-27-2012 09:44 AM
    Do you have Touchdown installed? I get the same icon once Touchdown has completed a sync. Just my .02.
    I did at one point but my Blackberry was handling exchange so much better so I removed it.

Are you going into each account so that it shows all the options for what is set to sync?
    All my accounts are set to sync contacts and gmail only. One Gmail account is set to sync books as well.

I'm going to try a hard-reset and see if it fixes it. I'm guessing one of the apps is doing this but can't figure out which.
    02-27-2012 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD