No more Droid?

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
No, this isn't me speculating the end of any droid phone, but is Verizon actually going to have an android phone without the Droid name attached? Before you remind me about the LG Ally, i'm talking about smart phones, not feature phones.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
No, this isn't me speculating the end of any droid phone, but is Verizon actually going to have an android phone without the Droid name attached? Before you remind me about the LG Ally, i'm talking about smart phones, not feature phones.

Well, all of the Droid phones are geared towards a specific audience, something that I'm not sure the Samsung could pull off. It could still be called the Droid Fascinate, but I don't think the Droid audience is what they're going for here.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
All it is, is the name of the brand. Just like the Bold and Tour for Blackberry. Same name for some phones just different numbers to indicate its newer.

And no, it will not carry the Droid moniker.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I think Droid is a specific branding. the Fascinate seems to be geared towards a different audience from Droid phones

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I think it has to do more with associating the Droid name at Verizon with a high-end Google experience. Since Bing is splashed all over the place on this phone, and the "Google" moniker might even be missing from the back of this phone, I bet that it doesn't meet the unified experience that VZ may be trying to market.

hanano17

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Samsung also brands their android phones with the Galaxy S moniker, so its not surprising to see that it isn't branded with "Droid". While I agree to a degree about Bing, I wouldn't put too much weight into it. I'm sure google services can be defaulted.

GivenToFly

Dec 30, 2009
www.apexautosound.com
Don't forget that the Moto Devour wasn't labled as a Droid Devour either. I hate that they do it at all. It creates a lot of confusion, when you tell someone you have a Droid, they say, "which one", then you have to explain that it's just the Droid if it's the original moto droid. Why pay George Lucas money just to name the phone Droid?

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget that the Moto Devour wasn't labled as a Droid Devour either. I hate that they do it at all. It creates a lot of confusion, when you tell someone you have a Droid, they say, "which one", then you have to explain that it's just the Droid if it's the original moto droid. Why pay George Lucas money just to name the phone Droid?

Marketing

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Besides the Samsung Fascinate, I don't know if they will have one coming up, but I'm sure they will. That leaked Android mid-range smartphone supposedly has Droid branding on it too, which is strange because the Droid name has only been accompanied with high-end Verizon Android devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781