Fascinate showing up in Verizon Systems?!

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Finally, those Oct estimates were bumming me out. Time to get my Galaxy S on.

Gives us another solid review Phil whenever you get your hands on it.

Checkingout

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
My almost first post and I think my first android (Fascinate) Woot....coming from a BB Curve 8330 (yes those numbers are correct!) Thanks for all the info folks!

geocomp

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
This is my first post :D I can't wait. I have a Storm 1, yes I have held onto it for a while. It has generally been a good phone but it is time for an Android phone. I was pretty excited about the Droid X but I wanted to play with it before actually buying it, but once I played with it I was not as excited about it as I thought I would be. Then the whole back order problems I decided to wait for the next VZW Android phone.

I played with a neighbors AT&T Galaxy S phone and it was really nice. Good screen size and light weight. I am stoked right now to know that in two weeks I could have a Galaxy S of my own.

Sorry so long winded, just really excited.:)

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Don't even need the stock just need the search pushed to the system. But having Google maps pre-installed makes me happy can care less about the search provider. At least its not yahoo search

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Well so much for the Fascinate bandwagon. Jumping on the new HTC phone. See ya!

that phone probably won't be released till november the earliest. By that time the next leaked device will be the latest rage. You will end up never purchasing a phone because you will keep waiting for the next super release.

I don't see the rage with the HTC device anyways. It's an evo clone. Only .3" scren size difference then the Galaxy S. You lose the super amoled and likely go to TFT-LCD. Snapdragon adreno does crap graphics. Snapdragon also has lower 2.1 scores then the hummingbird. No swype pre installed. Only real plus would be the 8 mp camera, but as we know more megapixel doesn't translate to better picture.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Sorry gspeed but your factors don't translate to me.

I could care less about of phones graphics because I'm not a phone gamer.
The camera could be 3 mp and I wouldn't care cause I rarely take pictures.
I hate swype
And I haven't even seen a super amoled screen yet so I don't even know what I'm missing out on. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

The only thing I wish I could change about this device that Samsung is getting right and that's the screen size. I truly do think 4" is just the right size. With that said, I'm not going to be up in arms because its .3" bigger.

Now here's my factors:
Front facing camera. I'm in the military which means I travel a lot. A lot of time away from family. So if I can get a feature that allows me to see them in non classified areas, I'm doing it.
2.2 godness with the possibilty of 3.0 at launch. Either way, HTC phones have always been the most popular when it comes to devs; plus I can eliminate any doubt that this phone will get a lot of support in terms of upgrades and longevity. The same can not be said for the Fascinate. I know it will get 2.2 but the way Verizon has dealt with this thing so far makes one only conclude that they could care less if anyone buys this phone. I give it 6 months, tops!
And lastly, I've always liked Sense, my personal perference. And the only reason I didn't get the DINC was because I didn't have an upgrade at the time. Lovely UI and again dev support out the arse. And yes I know it kills the battery but that's what a charger is for.

If waiting means I'm getting the phone I want then why wouldn't I do it? Again this is all my opinion. I'm sure the Fascinate will be a great phone. Just not my next purchase.

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Sorry gspeed but your factors don't translate to me.

I could care less about of phones graphics because I'm not a phone gamer.
The camera could be 3 mp and I wouldn't care cause I rarely take pictures.
I hate swype
And I haven't even seen a super amoled screen yet so I don't even know what I'm missing out on. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

enjoy your ignorance. Have fun with htc. bye

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech