Video codec

bxojr

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I've found that MP4 video files I record with the Fascinate camera will not play on my Vista desktop system. They play just fine on my Windows 7 laptop.

I'm guessing I have a codec issue on the Vista box, but I've installed several different codecs (ffdshow, DivX) with no success.

Anybody know what codec I need to play back the MP4s from the Fascinate?

Sabban

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
while I've never used vista I've always heard it sucks. I'd say load windows 7 on it. Better os and you'll be able to play the videos. Now I wonder if winXP will play videos from the fascinate

ron87

May 17, 2010
Visit site
They wont play because you dont have quicktime. I have the evo and my videos wouldn't play either. You have to download quicktime (even though I hate it).

bxojr

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I already have QuickTime, and I've already installed ffdshow. I don't know what the problem is, but I know codecs are tricky things.

I might try uninstalling and reinstalling some stuff. Well, at least I can play the files on my laptop!

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
if you have QT loaded, try running GOM player to watch the movies... For some reason it works better than any other player I've ever used (especially windows media player and VLC.) I'm not a shill for them; it's just a painless, great program.