Came from blackberry.. SO HAPPY

hava123

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I loved mostly everything about the blackberry, but got very tired of how slow the internet is. At first I didn't mind it but it seemed like everyday got slower and slower. Once that happened, little things started to bug me more and more. I gave up my blackberry tour and am loving my Fascinate!! :D This phone is AMAZING

Sabban

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I was in the same boat, I came from the bb tour and have been loving the fascinate. Wecome to android life

Hadezz

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
yes now to convince all those BBM users to get PingChat or gTalk ><

i have a very BBM-addictd circle of firends but personally i cannot stand it, well love the concept hate the phones

thetaylor310

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
i wasnt in the BB world, but i was in the WM(Windows Mobile) world for a while. Like someone said earlier, didnt know how smartphones should work until i got the Fascinate :)

bigtp2

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Came from a Blackberry 8830, Storm, then Storm 2. Absolutely love the Fascinate and all that is Android. Not completely sold on how Android handles email, but I think I can deal.

The amount of customization, rooting, apps, incredible...this will take over iOS.

coltsbr

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I have had my fascinate since saturday and LOVE it!!
!!! I also came from blackberry and am still getting use to android but I have no complaints.

MGoBlue

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Same here, came from a blackberry tour. Got sick of the trackball and bored of the OS. Loving the ability to customize the Fascinate.

Jonegross

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I love the fascinate as well. Had a curve 8320, liked it, would probably still have it but tmobile didn't work at new house. Got the droid 2, was ok but had enough problems that I returned it on the 9th. The fascinate is such a great phone! I was going to return the droid2 for a BB, if this phone didnt come out before my 30 days ended. Glad it did, its night and day from the d2. I never had a phone camera so bad as the d2. Fascinate cam is great! Gps works great too...that's what had me worried...

anon(58362)

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I came from a BlackBerry Storm after having to deal with its slowness for almost two years. It's great to be on a smartphone that doesn't take 5 minutes to boot up and doesn't randomly freeze for a couple seconds every couple minutes. It's a shame Bing had to ruin the out-of-the-box experience for the Fascinate, but rooting it was easy.

bsmart

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
9 years with BB (started with 850)-- actually manage about 85 BES environments for various clients and finally made the switch for myself--very glad I did. The one top thing I miss and am hoping someone has a recomended setting or app...unified messaging.

Basically I have always merged all my communications, Emails, Texts, Call logs---- for both incoming and outgoing. I live in 6 minute billable intervals all day long and the ability to look at all transactions chronologically at the end of day has always help me capture all activities appropriately without having to look at multiple folders.

Running LP instead of TW but am openminded any App or setting recomendation would be appreciated--thanks.

hava123

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget that you can install and uninstall apps without having to do a 5 minute bootup each time. ;) :D

I forgot about this! I stopped messing with my blackberry because I was so sick of it always restarting every time I installed and uninstalled something. I also hated having to do battery pulls every day because the memory got low. I keep getting happier and happier with my fascinate :D

Ewald

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Pretty happy here too, had a Storm before. One thing that is a little anoying about the Facsinate is some of the OE programs that came with the phone are lacking, like the alarm clock and Bing maps GPS are both sub standard IMO, espcially when you consider the capabilities of the Facsinate. Why did VZW cheap out and put such marginal programs in the phone? On the plus side the android market is so much bigger than what BB offers it is easy to find and down load better programs.