Yahoo email notification

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have Yahoo email on my phone, however I have noticed that I do not get any new mail notifications from my yahoo account unless I actually go into the email and hit the refresh button. I have checked the settings and I have it enabled to notifiy me in the status bar and to vibrate. I also have the check email frequency to 5 mins.
I know in the moring I usually have a lot of junk email come in over night and this morning there was nothing there until I went into the email account and hit refresh.
Is anyone else having these problems and have you been able to get a fix?
I have no problems with my gmail, but I've had my yahoo for so long, it is kinda hard to get people to start sending you emails to your new address.

spencer500

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I read somewere in one of these threads yesterday that it has to do with your Wifi being turned on. When I turned my Wifi off, I started to get notifications again. I had the same problem.

oldAGE

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Same issue here. Wifi On, Wifi off... doesn't matter. I have had problems with the native app, MailDroid, and now on K9. No matter what I do or try, I get nothing. Everything seems to be set up exactly as documented in many other places too. I have one of three accounts working as I desire. Getting there slowly.

coltsbr

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I have found this same problem. I read this yesterday and tried turning the wifi off to see if that helps and nothing yet. It seems like sometimes it works and sometimes it does'nt. I have it set to check every hour but I still dont get anything till I open my mail app and check myself. My Gmail seems to be working just fine though.

Anyone know the trick to get this working?

Thanks

josue

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Fascinate last night, and Yahoo Mail was one of the 1st apps I installed and shortcuted onto my home screen. A notification has popped up on the top toolbar/notification bar, and the phone beeps and vibrates every time I get an email. I assumed that it was set up like that automatically, since I didn't do anything other than install the app?

coltsbr

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Fascinate last night, and Yahoo Mail was one of the 1st apps I installed and shortcuted onto my home screen. A notification has popped up on the top toolbar/notification bar, and the phone beeps and vibrates every time I get an email. I assumed that it was set up like that automatically, since I didn't do anything other than install the app?

I also downloaded that app but then realized that the girl at verizon set it all up through the mail app on the device and I ended up with 2 mail icons.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yahoo changed the way things work in their IMAP farms. I fixed this in the latest version (1.43) of maildroid.
I have downloaded the maildroid app from the Market. I like it. It sends updates of new Yahoo mail to my phone a lot faster than the stock mail client. I have 3 different yahoo accounts for different purposes and it can handle all of them. Thanks for the info maildroid dev.

oldAGE

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Cory -

It seems that the new config as documented in Cory's faq has help me get more consistent delivery. The IMAN variant to work with Wifi seems to get me my pull from yahoo. Again, using K9 as a client for one yahoo account and two pop mail... one of which is a ISP host using Google which has it's own annoying nuances for multiple POP3 clients like we have -- one PC and two Android mobiles....

Thanks Cory.

josue

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
So, wouldn't you know it.....I haven't gotten ANY email notifications all day. I literally did not do a THING to this phone since last night!? I got 3 notifications last night before I went to bed, emailing back and forth with someone. Then, nothing all day today!? WTF?

In playing with it and sending myself emails to test, it seems to notify me when the app is running, and WiFi is turned off....BUT, I've had WiFi on for the 3 days I've had this phone, so why would it work for the 1st 2 days, and not the 3rd?

I don't understand your guys' lingo here lol, did anyone find the problem and/or fix?

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So, wouldn't you know it.....I haven't gotten ANY email notifications all day. I literally did not do a THING to this phone since last night!? I got 3 notifications last night before I went to bed, emailing back and forth with someone. Then, nothing all day today!? WTF?

In playing with it and sending myself emails to test, it seems to notify me when the app is running, and WiFi is turned off....BUT, I've had WiFi on for the 3 days I've had this phone, so why would it work for the 1st 2 days, and not the 3rd?

I don't understand your guys' lingo here lol, did anyone find the problem and/or fix?
My fix has been to install maildroid from the market and use that for my Yahoo emails. I've been getting my notifications ever since I installed. The only problem I have with it is that the mail upload is a little slow compared to my gmail account.

I hear that the email thing is a known issue and a fix is supposed to be in the works. By the way, I don't use WiFi.

josue

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I might have to try that. I have WiFi off, and the app running, and I've gotten one or 2 notifications today, so I'm assuming it's working...but we'll see. Something tells me that it won't be like this for long...lol

And what's the deal with the WiFi anyway? Is there a reason for it to be on? off?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12