emailing ringtones

bmidd

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible to email ringtones to your phone and how do you save the attachment to the sd card? It was a simple procedure on a BB. Thanks, still learning!

Bmidd using Tapatalk

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
All I did was connect my phone to my computer via USB, pull down on the notifications bar and select "mount". The SD card will show on your computer as a drive that you can copy to. I transferred a few GBs of music to the card, and on the phone you can apply any of those songs as a ringtone

bmidd

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I completely understand that. That wasn't the question. With our BB's, we would mail ring tones to each other. That is also how Crackberry.com would send you ring tones, through your email.You could "save attachment as" in the email (ring tones,pictures,wall papers) and save them on your sd card. I don't see that option. You are not always in front of a pc, or say you want to share a ring tone and just email it as an attachment.

bmidd

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Try a program free in the market place called zedge.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thanks for suggestion but it doesn't do what I'm looking for. I make my own ring tones and like to share them and I'm hitting a brick wall here because Gmail doesn't let me save ring tones people send me via email!! Big *** fail so far.

bmidd

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I would love to know this! I can't even figure out have to save a picture!!!!
LOL :eek:

I must be a real goof!
Ok, here is how it is done. It can't be done with the Gmail shortcut. You have to open up a browser window and open Gmail.com that way. When you see the attachment just press it on your phone screen. It will then be downloaded into your "My Files" folder in the downloads sub folder. From there you can press and hold to pull up options and then choose Move. Move it to your folder you store your ring tones in, if it's a picture then put it in a gallery folder or whatever you choose. It can then be emailed out by creating a message and attaching it. Hope this helps you, I've been cursing this phone all day today. I had a couple friends that wanted the new Deuces ring tone I made and i couldn't sent it out!!!
Brian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12