Getting pictures off previous SD card

kwood1227

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I previously had a BB storm. I am now trying to get my pictures and ringtones from the SD cards from the bb onto the Samsung....Hope this made since. Any help would be great thank you!

Froalskiner#WN

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Can't you just install the SD card from your BB into your fascinate, mount the SD card, copy everything over to your computer, pop the new SD card that came with your fascinate, remount, then copy the photos and ringtones over to the new SD card?

kwood1227

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Im sure i could....but i dont know what you mean by any of that. What i did was put the BB SD card into my fascinate...but i cant figure out how to save it into the fascinate....

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The easiest way to do it would be to connect your BB to your computer via USB and transferring everything to your computer, then connecting your Fascinate to your computer and transferring everything to it. Another route you could try is using bluetooth between the two phones and transferring that way...

Froalskiner#WN

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Your Fascinate came with an SD card right? Basically do this...

1. Take your BB SD card and put it into your fascinate
2. Connect your Fascinate to your computer with the USB cable
3. Once it's connected, go to Windows Explorer. The Fascinate will show up as a removable drive.
4. Create a new folder on your desktop called "BB SD Card"
5. Go to the removable drive, select all of the folders, copy, then paste into the new folder on your desktop.
6. Once everythign is copied over, disconnect the phone from the computer, then replace the BB SD card with the Fascinate SD card
7. Connect the phone to the computer again
8. Copy the photos from the desktop folder(probably in the DCIM folder) into the newly mounted SD card(don't know where the ringtones would be).
9. enjoy your migrated images and ringtones.

In a nutshell...

josue

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to transfer all my old pics as well. I just put all the pics in a folder, put the Fascinate SD card into the computer, and tried to copy and paste all the pics onto the card...but it's telling me that the disk is "write-protected" and I need to remove the write protection or use another disk?

No clue what that means...lol

josue

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Is or isn't?

I could've sworn it had to be in the lock position for the computer to recognize it?

*edit*- just tried it with and without the adapter in the lock position, same result.

Last edited:

josue

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I cant get my Fascinate to show up on my computer when its plugged into the usb??

Youmight have to mount it. Drag the notification bar at the top down, then select USB storage. You want to "Mount" it first.

I was having the same problem as well, and this ^ worked for me. My computer recognized the phone as a removable drive, then I was able to open the DCIM folder, and copy all my old pictures into that folder.

For all my music, I just created a "music" folder on the phone, and pasted it all to there...