Android Market

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
What type of card are you using? Remember, that apps in the market can be in Dollars, Pounds, etc, and some cards don't allow purchases in other currencies. Some bank cards also don't play nice with this stuff

If you are trying to use a prepaid card, remember that you have to activate it for online purchases before it will work in the app store (as a default prepaid cards and gift cards don't have a zip code, what is needed for most online purchases.)

FromBBtoDroid

Aug 3, 2010
statecollegefood.blogspot.com
I was having similar issues using a debit card. I called my bank and they said that because of the amount of fraud they are not authorizing any online purchases for overseas (I was attempting to purchase beautiful widgets). I can't say if that's your issue but it was mine.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Your my boy blue

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
What type of card are you using? Remember, that apps in the market can be in Dollars, Pounds, etc, and some cards don't allow purchases in other currencies. Some bank cards also don't play nice with this stuff

If you are trying to use a prepaid card, remember that you have to activate it for online purchases before it will work in the app store (as a default prepaid cards and gift cards don't have a zip code, what is needed for most online purchases.)

I'm using an AMEX card, so I'm a little baffled why I couldn't buy something in Euros.

bdubnpaw

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
OT Question

Hey all,

Got one for ya. I'm rooted, wireless tethered and lag fix in place. Now was going through and renaming some aps to the .old extension. Now when I try and download aps from the market...nothing. Just sits there and acts like it's downloading, but nothing. HELP!

Thanks,
B

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Cancel any current downloads and try powering off/on. Then try again. What you've described should not result in the problem you are having, unless you renamed something you shouldn't have.

bdubnpaw

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I've tried that...didn't work. I went through the list of aps that I renamed, and nothing stuck out that it would be the one messing it up. Any ideas as to what the market is controlled by?

Thanks,
B

Update: Power the phone off and then on didn't work, so I did the reboot thing by holding the volume up and power button together. That did the trick. I guess turning the power off then on doesn't do the same thing as a reboot.

Last edited:

Socfan12

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

Got one for ya. I'm rooted, wireless tethered and lag fix in place. Now was going through and renaming some aps to the .old extension. Now when I try and download aps from the market...nothing. Just sits there and acts like it's downloading, but nothing. HELP!

Thanks,
B

I keep seeing this 'lag fix' on posts. What is that?
thx
:confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance