To Fascinate or not?

What should I do? Im leaning towards the Fascinate, but Im not sure. Help me choose.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm about 2 weeks away from an upgraded on my primary account. I'm leaning towards the Fascinate, but I'm not sure. What should I do and why?

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Just get it, you have nothing to lose (you've got 30 days to get something else). Go to the store and spend time with each device. Read some of the posts in these forums. The Fascinate is a great phone, but I think you would be happy with and of the current Android phones Verizon is offering right now.

Froalskiner#WN

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
They are all great phones. For me, the choice was about the size and the BOGO. If that isn't factored in I thought the X was too big and the Dinc was too small. The Fascinate fit perfectly in my hand.

j32driver

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Get the Fascinate. I was really skeptical and was leaning very hard on getting the X. After playing with both, the X just seemed dull and lifeless compared to the Fascinate. The surprising thing for me was the size. I REALLY wanted the larger X. But after sliding the Fascinate in my pocket and putting it up to my ear to talk, I don't think I could tolerate a phone that is any bigger. It really is the perfect size.

As far as the Dinc and HTC Sense... just put LauncherPro on your new Fascinate. It is much more capable than stock Sense is.

Get the phone... you won't be disappointed.

will i am

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Get the Fascinate! Fascinate is way better than the Droid 2! I had D2 one week to the date is started beeping. Verizon sent me another one 2 days letter it started beeping like the first one. The 2 droid 2 I had would beep everytime I made a call checked voicemail or received calls!! As for the Fascinate so far has been a great phone! DONT let the Bing stuff mess with your mind you can still get google search and maps on the phone!

nickf126

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I have the Fascinate for about a week now. At first I really did not like it, but now I love it. Lag has gone away (it was caused by Beautiful Weather widget), battery life is very good, cell signal seems to have stabilized, and the screen is just awesome.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
They are all awesome, but for me the Fascinate FTW. The Droid X is too big, the Incredible is too small, and HTC Sense is over rated, and can easily be replicated if you really want it:

LauncherPro Plus + Fancy Widget and boom you've got Sense.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Thanks guys! As soon as I have some free time I will go see if I can play with one for a while. I went to the VZW web site and read the reviews. Seems to be a winner.

I hope to join the Fascinate club in 2 weeks.

Toxa

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys! As soon as I have some free time I will go see if I can play with one for a while. I went to the VZW web site and read the reviews. Seems to be a winner.

I hope to join the Fascinate club in 2 weeks.

You don't have to wait for two weeks. I wasn't eligible for an upgrade until October 21. I called Verizon and they pushed the date back so I was able to get mine the day it came out. I had dinc (too small, crappy built, crappy antenna and battery life, and kept deleting my contacts by itself) so I returned it. Had the X (too big, screen not as vibrant, didn't like the physical menu buttons, and locked bootloader so no custom kernels), so selling it on eBay. Got the fascinate and I'm pretty happy. Build isn't as solid as Motorola's, but I'll be careful handling the phone. And as soon as we get froyo and custom ROMs come out, it will be just super awesome. So-just get it. Do it! Do it now!!! :)

coltsbr

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I had a really hard time deciding between the Fascinate and the Droid X. I ended up just getting both of them to try out. I used the SF for about a week then switched over to the Droid X yesterday. They both have there good and bad points. The one thing that keeps standing out after only one day of use the battery life is horrible on the X. I charged it up the whole entire night the first night and was charging it again right after lunch! That is bad for just sitting in my desk at work most of the morning. I turned everything off that I could and took the live wallpaper off. It still was not close to the life on the Fascinate. Now I will say this, maybe its because of some of the options that the X has that the FS does not but that really took me by surprise. I would think that I would at least get s full day out of it. For that my choice goes to the FS unless I just have a bad battery.

nickf126

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I just wanted to chime in with a comment on build quality. This phone seems "dainty" to me, but it really isnt. It is solid, just light. It is an absolutely beautiful design. Perfect size, and I even like where they put the power on button.

This is a quality product, and I am happy to note that I do not even have the loose volume control problem that others are reporting.

durangojim#AC

Banned
Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I just returned my fascinate yesterday after exchanging it for a new one already due to the echo/reverb issue. I returned it because it still had the reverb, although not as bad, and primarily because it was still a bit laggy. I went back to DINC as I find it much more efficient and intuitive. Also I travel a lot and use GPS and google maps often, and having to wait 2 minutes for my GPS to lock on sucked. With my DINC its 2 seconds. I'll be waiting for the next big thing even though I think the Fascinate's form factor and screen were gorgeous. Too bad they messed it up with lousy and buggy software.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Oh my god, please get a Fascinate over a Motorola device. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. I went through 7 of them. It was such a pain in the ***. I have plenty of faith that Samsung made a better product.

(I was debating between the Incredible and the Fascinate when my Droid 2 broke, but I picked the Fascinate bc it was the brand new phone; so if you are debating between the F and the Inc, it's definitely a toss-up. But I do love mine.)

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
im not so sure whats wrong with some people or if they got defective units.. but my fascinate is a dream phone..

battery life is amazing.
speed of the phone is amazing.
size and style of the phone is perfect.
signal (im pretty much maxed 3g and my voice bars whereever i go), is amazing.

im using launcher pro, non-rooted, non-lag fixed and this phone is just perfect.. if i start to run into lockups or slowdowns ill look into the lag fix and rooting but right now i see no need.. and im looking forward to the 2.2 update.

if you are in the market for a new phone.. you cant go wrong with this one.

also everyone ive talked to has compared my clarity to a landline.. no idea what this echo issue some people are having is.
my gps was a little buggy at first.. messing with the settings fixed that and it locks on accuraretly, in just a few seconds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes