mp3 as ringtone

photodude

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm not able to get this working.. I have opened the mp3 and hit menu and set as, but it will still not set, it keeps going back to the default ringtone.. any ideas?

KH29

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Hit the "page" softkey (lower left-hand corner), select settings -> sound & display -> phone ringtone -> then you should be able to select "select music" then select music and choose your mp3.

cybermonkeyssf

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I actually had put all my MP3s I like to use for various ringtones (for people and such) in a folder under "MEDIA"/AUDIO" called ringtones and when I set a ringtone (either for a contact or if I want to change the default) it will be listed when choosing "phone ringtones", also have all the tones I like to use for various notifications in the media/audio/notifications for and it does the same thing.

KH29

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, sorry I left that part out. I created folders as well in the media -> audio folders, one for music, ringtones, and notifications. That's probably why I had that option and you didn't. However all of my music is in the music folder and I am able to select the "select music" option I mentioned earlier.

emptycube

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm not able to get this working.. I have opened the mp3 and hit menu and set as, but it will still not set, it keeps going back to the default ringtone.. any ideas?
I just did this last night. After I did what you outlined above and set the mp3 as the ringtone for a particular number; the mp3 file showed up in my global list of ringtones (the one accessed by going to Settings>etc. Selected it from there and bingo.

Rhode Island Shred ftw.;)

photodude

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
ok.. tried that but I cannot get them to show up in the global ringtone list.. in fact I have stuff in there that doesn't belong.. how do you edit that list?

emptycube

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
ok.. tried that but I cannot get them to show up in the global ringtone list.. in fact I have stuff in there that doesn't belong.. how do you edit that list?
Open Music Player and find the song you want as a ringtone and long-press it, then select 'Set as' then 'Phone call ringtone'. That should set it as your ringtone and it should show up in your list of ringtones.

The first time I did it, I selected 'Caller Ringtone' (instead of 'Phone call ringtone') and then it took me to my contact list to choose which caller gets that ringtone. But that's only for a specific caller (but still adds it to your list), in order for it to be the ringtone for all incoming calls try the above.

TripSixes

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
just fyi... I downloaded Ringo Pro.. it seems to have a bug at this time which isn't allowing me to reliably assign ringtones.

I have been communications with one of their developers, and they are currently reviewing some log data I sent over to them.

will update you guys once I have confirmation that it's working properly.

via android tapatalk

photodude

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Open Music Player and find the song you want as a ringtone and long-press it, then select 'Set as' then 'Phone call ringtone'. That should set it as your ringtone and it should show up in your list of ringtones.

The first time I did it, I selected 'Caller Ringtone' (instead of 'Phone call ringtone') and then it took me to my contact list to choose which caller gets that ringtone. But that's only for a specific caller (but still adds it to your list), in order for it to be the ringtone for all incoming calls try the above.

no worky....

dlongb13

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Download ringdroid from the market. You can pick which part of any song you have on your phone. It's great

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

jwebste9

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I also read there is a way if you make a folder on the we card in the correct folder you can put mp3 there and then select it like you would normal ringtone. Google it and it should find the forum with it easily

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay