Headphone Remote

jholmes1

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone has tried using the remote button on a stereo headset. I just came from a crackberry and one click on the headphone remote would toggle play/stop, 2 clicks next song, 3 clicks previous song. I loved this feature because I could lock the phone, drop it in my pocket and control it with the headphone button. Just tried it for the first time today with the fascinate and no dice. Anyone know of any workaround or setting for this?

Another feature i miss from the crackberry is that with the phone locked you could control the volume with up/down on the volume rocker (same on fascinate). But if you held up or down on the rocker it would toggle next or previous song.

Am I missing something or do I have to take the phone out of my pocket, unlock it, open the notification banner and hit next song to skip a song?

gavram

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have any suggestions for this? I have the same issue as I use my phone while jogging and using the touchscreen is awful for forwarding songs. How about a lock screen song skip control...does that exist??

mettle

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
ditto...

I am also looking for this type of headphone remote functionality. Coming from an iPhone, I've gotten quite used to being able to go to the gym and control my tunes from the headset. I posted a similar query on another thread here, but no one had a solution. I've been scouring sites, doing heavy searches; if I come across a solution or work-around, I'll post it here....

fwdixon

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I use the Altec Lansing BackBeat BT Headphones. Right ear controls media. button for pause/play, rocker controls volume and track select. Quick press for volume up/down, long press for track skip fwd/back. Left ear has the phone/voice command button. They will run all day on a charge, and the sound quality is awesome.

The retail for $100 but Amazon has them for $60.

abowlofsoda

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I too am on the search for this.

The bluetooth headphones will not hold up to sweating if your a jogger/runner. Although I'm reading about Motorola's new BT headset being designed to be sweat resistant (coming out on Oct 27).

If you have headphones with the remote already- do me a favor and go into settings/preferences of your music app on the Fascinate and toggle anything to do with Headphones. I have some BT headphones that work WITHOUT the toggle on. Download a few different music apps and lookin in the settings for this headphone toggle until you can find a working one. I get to skip songs but I can't pause/play.
I'm wondering if I could get the iphone/ipod headphones to work with it but I need to find a pair I can play with before purchasing.

I'll definately be on the lookout and will update when I find a solution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781