Home and Search softkeys stop working

jasongordon

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a stock phone, updated with the OTA update. I have this problem where the Home and Search softkeys will stop working all of a sudden. When you press them, they seem to flash so I dont believe this is hardware. Also when I restart the phone, the problem goes away, at least for a little while. When this is happening, to get to the homescreen I basically have to use the back soft key to go all the way back. I thought that maybe this was due to some updates I did so I uninstalled NoLed and TaskSwitcher and I was fine for a few days but it just happened again. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks, this is my first Android.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Every now and then I will have to push the softkeys a couple times. Sometimes they will light up and nothing will happen, so I press them again and it's ok. Since the keys aren't usually lit up, it's just "finger memory" so I may not be hitting the button in the right spot.

thechemE#CB

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a stock phone, updated with the OTA update. I have this problem where the Home and Search softkeys will stop working all of a sudden. When you press them, they seem to flash so I dont believe this is hardware. Also when I restart the phone, the problem goes away, at least for a little while. When this is happening, to get to the homescreen I basically have to use the back soft key to go all the way back. I thought that maybe this was due to some updates I did so I uninstalled NoLed and TaskSwitcher and I was fine for a few days but it just happened again. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks, this is my first Android.

only time i've experienced something like that is when using tapatalk demo. It sometimes freezes up and has to forceclose. I know the freeze and the forceclose are coming because those keys stop functioning. Maybe its a background app that is interfering.

Gsam

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
My search key freezes periodically as well. Sometimes loading another program, searching, followed by a close and return to home screen somehow fixes it. Very annoying. Does this happen without Launcher Pro (stock)?

Bulltiger

May 11, 2011
Visit site
My wife's phone had issues with the home and search softkeys and then the home key started "sticking" and bringing up the task manager in the middle of use. Also, her backlight for these two keys is out and even a battery pull will not get the light to work.

Seems like a hardware issue, so I guess we get the joy of a trip to the Verizon store...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7