Disabling the Puzzle Unlock Screen

BADGER-BEAVER

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
As for waking up the screen on the Fascinate, is there a way to disable the puzzle unlock screen. It seems it is just one unnecessary (and VERY annoying) step as you have to press the power button to wake the screen then swipe the screen to access the home page. Why not just press the power button to wake the phone directly to the home page. One less step in the process seems smarter and faster.

Thanks in advance!! :cool:

riggsmagic

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Hell yes!
After a few hours trying to uncover the dialing code string for the Fascinate, I finally figured it out!
I've dug into *almost* all the AndroidManifest.xmls to compose a list of hidden menus you can gain access to.

I shouldn't have to say it, but I will..
I'm not responsible if you brick your phone.
Play with these things at your own risk.
Even if I said it's been tested by me and confirmed to work.
It's not my fault if your phone takes a crap on you.
Make a backup of your phone.

I will be doing some more testing and will uncover more hidden menus, but this is what I have for now..

Some members were unable to enter these menus and I discovered that you need to enable 'Hiddenmenu' to do so.
To enable this menu, do this:

Go into the Dialer and enter *#83786633 then press the Home key
Go back into the phone dialer and enter *#22745927
Now a box will come up asking for the SPC code. Enter 000000
Press the Hiddenmenu Enable radio button.

Now you can use these codes.

The dialing code string you have to use is *##

Here are some things you can gain access to

Audio Tuning
*#28346#
Several audio tuning menus.
I've only tested the two items below:

To silence boot and shutdown audio go to Situation/BOOTSOUND and turn the values to 0. I've tested and confirmed this works.

To silence the volume key audio when turning the volume up/down go to Situation/VOLUMEKEY and turn the values to 0. I've tested and confirmed this works.

Full Bat Popup

*#3844228#
This allows you to disable the full battery pop-up.
I have tested this and it works successfully.

HwCodec
*#0002*28346#
Audio path volume controls. Most importantly, it looks like there's a sidetone adjustment.
I have not tested any of these items yet.

Shutdown
*#7594#
This enables you to shut your phone off by long-pressing the power/lock key.
No more pop-up confirmation.
I have tested this and it works successfully.
I've also discovered by doing this, it will disable the puzzle/glass unlock screen.
Personally, having to push a button and slide the screen is redundant.
I like the one-step process.

Diag/Testing Mode
*#4636*1111#

I don't know how to post links to other threads on this forum, but this guy figured it out. I DID NOT DISCOVER THIS NOR DO I TAKE CREDIT FOR THIS. I'm doing this right off my phone and I can't seem to figure out how to post a link. His thread is in here under hidden dial commands or something like that.

storm6610

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't mind trying some of these but would this affect the phone for future updates at all?

Does anyone know?

Sent from my Fascinate using Tapatalk

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
No i cant get that either. i type in the code. hit home. go back into dialer, type the next code and nothing pops up. do i need to type the code and press the call button? then home? Im totally lost here

Reactions: hayedan

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
No i cant get that either. i type in the code. hit home. go back into dialer, type the next code and nothing pops up. do i need to type the code and press the call button? then home? Im totally lost here

Delete the previous code when you go back into the dialer.

sergioh

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the valuable info riggsmagic!

I was able to follow the instructions above on my Verizon Fascinate Galaxy S 2 in order to perform the Shutdown feature (*#7594#). However, the others did not work on my phone. Does anyone know if maybe the codes are a little different for my phone?

Thanks,
sergioh

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Trying to access the Audio Tuning and it wont work. Any ideas???

Most of these codes only work on the DI01 build which is what the Fascinate originally came with. Which is why most of the posts in this thread are from a year ago. 99% of the information in this thread is outdated, obsolete, and useless now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513