Any way to light up the screen for incoming SMS?

denzillion

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Hello

Do you know if Fascinate is capable of lighting up the display screen for couple of seconds like iphone would for the incoming SMS? Nothing having notification light is hard already. Thanks

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Not that I know of, but you can download an app called NoLED that will mimic a LED notification. Or, get Handcent, a third party SMS app that has some pretty decent features, such as lighting the display and showing your message.

Bryant.Villada

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Yes you can

^^ what he said^^^ Handcent will do exactly what you are looking to do. It will replace your current form of SMS though, which I am assuming is the stock android SMS app.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I had Handcent on my Droid and liked it. Only reason I'm not downloading it on my Fascinate is bc I like the stock messaging app.

What I am going to do though is buy Launcher Pro+ because now you can get popups on your dock. So slick.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I use an app called SMS Popup which pops up on the screen what the msg is and who it is from, almost like an iphone pop up. it works with the stock sms system. you can find it in the market and it's by "Adam K"

ktez

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
There actually is an app in the Market called "Missed Message Flasher" that does exactly that, and it works for SMS, Google Talk, email, etc.

lolfests

Sep 23, 2010
devinlefevere.net
I'm using ChompSMS and it also lights up the screen for up to a minute. Way better than Handcent and I was a firm believer in that app! My Chomp is the donate version though also which makes it even better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital