Aux/headphone port skipping when playing music?

lolfests

Sep 23, 2010
devinlefevere.net
I can confirm this over my headphone and AUX port in my car. It sounds like a slight pop or skip very randomly. Anyone else experience this?

I'm using Music Player Pro, but I'm pretty sure I have tested this on the stock Music player also.

Syntaxx

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
The pop/skip happens to me with headphones, or just an aux cable while I'm playing music in my car. It happens in pandora and the stock music app. I was wondering about this myself.

tucsonstan

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Thought I was the only one with this problem. It happened to me also on a flight from Arizona to upstate New York. Had a lot of skips, thought maybe when I copied the songs from my laptop to sd card something happened but it's all electronic. And then thought it might be my headphones but plugged them into my laptop and they worked fine. Wondering if we need to delete all the songs and re-download them back to the sd card?

goinflyn

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I had the same thing happen on mine listening to the mp3 player. I shut off the wi-fi and it went away. I had skips in the music with pandora, but I also have the bitrate set high.

xenade

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I have the same thing happening on my phone, using the stock audio player, and only using cellular (wifi, Bluetooth, and GPS are off). I assumed it was a problem with me using iSync wifi to put songs on there (corruption)

snrsuave

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I also have this issue.for me it sounds like a short hiccup in the audio every few minutes. It does it through bluetooth and the headphone jack. This is my second fascinate and I could swear that the first one didn't do this.

wowser

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Same thing here. I didn't have any skipping last week, but then i started happening to me earlier this week. Not sure what is going on.

sgtmack

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Mine does it sometimes. I can play online radio for 30 minutes with no problem in the car, then go inside and have it hiccup every few minutes playing mp3's. Then the next day it does it all the way to work on the same online radio station.
I haven't tried a new music player app yet. That will be my next step.

lherch

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Mine skips too! Took it in store, they said wipe the phone and the card that should fix it. Nope didn't work so they gave me a new phone. Meanwhile I ordered my husband a Fascinate and when it arrived I stole his brand new SD card only copied over my music and still skips. Put the card in his, music skips. My daughter has my Droid X, put my SD card in tonight... the music does NOT skip. Put it in my other daughters Incredible, does NOT skip. SOMEBODY PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!! I love this phone except for the music player! Also tried in Droid Eris and Droid 1 and BB Storm. No skips on any other phone or on computer, only on my Fascinate :(!!!

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I just thought it was switching cell towers on Pandora. Now I see there is a bigger problem.

Does anyone have this problem when using bluetooth to stream the music?

wowser

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I thought it might be the speed of the microsd card i was using (class2 16gb given by verizon). I swapped to a class 6 card and the problem is still there :(

cherwilco

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I am using the vibrant but I have noticed the same thing. skipping in the audio a few times on pretty much every song (using mp3's on stock audio player). tested today with flight mode turned on (disable ALL wireless comm) and there where no skips! I tested this way for about an hour with no skipping problems so it looks to me like the there is a problem with process priority for the music app but im not sure. hope this helps cuz its driving me insane

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
just got off the phone with tmobile and the tech gave me this link: UNofficial, T-Mobile Vibrant update! - T-Mobile Community

seems to be quite a few fix's with this. will report back after applying this update (I know this is for the vibrant so I would NOT try this on other galaxy s variants if I were you. but it tmobile has this fix then maybe sprint and verizon are on the ball with this as well...give em a call!)

Anyone find out if VZW has a fix like this?

jkwon52

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I too have this problem and it is extremely annoying as I am on the road all day listening to music. On my second phone because the first one had other issues. That one did not have the problem. I'm sure its a Jack problem as it does not happen when playing off the speaker.

I'm gonna try to wipe my music and reload. I swapped cards from the old to new but had wiped the card before going in for the swap so not sure if that will do anything as all the jusic on right now was loaded after the new phone. Will also try the airplane mode and see what's up. Most likely will take this phone back too. Third times the charm. LOL. Oh does anyone know if I have to go back to the same best buy I got the phone from to do a swap. Got the free phone Friday deal......

Damn as I was writing this playing off the speaker I heard skipping....AHHHH
This is damn strange because I didn't notice it watching music videos saved to my card....

Last edited:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
It sounds like more people are having this problem than not. However, I just spent over 28 hours in a plane and didn't have it happen once. I hate problems that affect some users and not others.

How did you guys transfer the music over? Just copy and paste? I use iSyncr.

wowser

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like more people are having this problem than not. However, I just spent over 28 hours in a plane and didn't have it happen once. I hate problems that affect some users and not others.

How did you guys transfer the music over? Just copy and paste? I use iSyncr.

I just drag and drop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool