Best paid/free Remote desktop app

shanky

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I use androidVNC. It's free, and I like it because it's simple in connection and design, and performs basic tasks, which is what I mostly use it for.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I could see this being a really good way for someone to collect a lot of high-quality hacking data, considering the app uses the network anyway and if you are handing it all the credentials to your server whats to say it doesnt phone them home so that some guy in russia can log in and have his way with it...

Not to be paranoid, but, I'm paranoid.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
LogMeIn has an Android client. I use LogMeIn for PC to PC remote connection so I haven't tried it for Android. But, it's the only product I would trust. I agree with joebob2000; I don't trust many of the apps on the Android Market, let alone one that I type a password in to. Once the Verizon Android Market opens up I'll purchase more apps. Anyways, try LogMeIn. The specific product is called LogMeIn Ignition.

Edit: To answer your question about setting up your PC. If you go with the LogMeIn product, you'll download/install a client on your PC. It's easy. Otherwise, instructions for setting up for remote connection is based on your version of windows.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Are there any trustworthy firewall apps for Android? Any easy way for me to get a tcpdump from the 3g data interface? Not that I like the thought of running a firewall or IDS on my phone, with all the apps out there and increasing importance of handhelds its only a matter of time.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
LogMeIn has an Android client. I use LogMeIn for PC to PC remote connection so I haven't tried it for Android. But, it's the only product I would trust. I agree with joebob2000; I don't trust many of the apps on the Android Market, let alone one that I type a password in to. Once the Verizon Android Market opens up I'll purchase more apps. Anyways, try LogMeIn. The specific product is called LogMeIn Ignition.

Edit: To answer your question about setting up your PC. If you go with the LogMeIn product, you'll download/install a client on your PC. It's easy. Otherwise, instructions for setting up for remote connection is based on your version of windows.

I love LogMeIn for PC to PC and I didn't know they had an android app too, but I just checked it out and it costs $29.95 :( it also looks like it's separate from the regular PC2PC app. Thanks for letting us know about this Nick, good to know that it's available

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance