Battery life suddenly sucks! Help please.

droidX1991

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
So i have a non rooted fascinate, suddenly the battery life is horrible and without even touching the phone, it would lose a full charge within 4 hours. I have LP installed and deleted everything from my TW homescreen. The only widget I have on my 3 homescreens are fancy widget, jorte calendar. I have a couple apps on the pages but nothing big. Also, I dont have any weird apps that could be causing this because i havent installed apps the past week and it started happening 3 days ago. I do have the little droid dock icons and a hockey rink dock, but that cant be it because ive had it for a while now and it hasnt affected my battery life. When i go to see what is using my battery, the top one on the list is LP, then fancy widget.... which is weird because i have a friend who has the captivate and LP wont even show up on his battery usage.... idk what happeneing so any help would be greatly appreciated! If anything, I can just wipe the phone and start from point a, but that would be sucha hassle.

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Turn off data for a day and see what happens. Diagnosing these things is almost impossible. There really are no good tools. I was using Watch Dog but I don't think it gave me anything worth while.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

droidX1991

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
yeah even in airplane mode it kills my battery i have no idea whats wrong... i think i might just do a hard reset and c from there.

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Try to resync your emails. If that does not work, try to remove the email and reinstall it.

I saw this on a friends Captivate and that solved his problem.

thechemE#CB

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
you probably have a bad battery. That happened with my old blackberry. Between a full charge and driving to the vzw store 5 minutes from my house i went from 100% to 80% charge. Making a five minute phone call while in store put me at 40%. I bought a new battery and the problem was solved. A different device but a similar issue.

If you want try juice defender. I did and my battery lasted 45 hours. It basically shuts off 3g connection while the screen isn't active (at least to my understanding it does). Standard without any tweaking it turns the 3g connection on for 1 minute every 15 minutes so you receive emails. Only thing ive noticed with that is that emails are delayed, even from gmail which is supposed to be pushed. Other than that i received texts and calls no problem. Because i depend on email alot i usually just enable it when i go to bed, that way i don't notice the delay, or when i desperately need to conserve battery.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
check your sync settings for LP to make sure it isn't trying to sync every 30 seconds or something.

you can also complain to verizon and see if they'll give you another battery.

droidX1991

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
i just did a factory reset and only installed LP and a couple apps... we'll see how it goes for the next few days! also what settings are you talking about for LP?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
if your'e using LP+ then there are settings for the social widgets

i think you could set sync times for it, just make sure they're not sycing very rapidly

mm247

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me last week and I took the phone back. I was on my 29th day and did'nt have much time to trouble shoot. I deleted apps (except LP+)that I had updated in the prior few days and had no better results. I never got a chance to try it with out LP+ as the 30 day window was up. I would check your version of LP and then due a factory reset and monitor the phone for a few days without LP. Before my issue, my battery was lasting 24-48 hrs no problem depending on useage. I noticed in the Market that LP has been updated from the version I had, so you might give that new copy a try also.

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Screen brightness is a killer on this phone. Never use auto brightness because it kills your battery faster. Find a manual setting that works for you.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20