Clean Screen

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering how everyone cleans the screen on their Fascinate, with or without a screen protector. I normally take a damp towel and wipe the entire phone every morning. That gets rid of the fingerprints and whatever finger/face grease may be on it. I don't use a screen protector or case.

TripSixes

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Shirt sleeve.... for random "get those prints off" ...

I do have a microfiber cloth and cleaning solution as well.. but, only do this once per week, or whenever i feel like it..

currently no screen protector either.. I've been looking at sgpstore.com .. but, they don't have Fascinate screen protectors yet. I'd really like to try one of the Ultra Crystal or the Ultra Oleophobic screens. Other forums report that the Ultra Crystal is about as close as you're going to get to the same feel as the glass on the phone... (which, I'd prefer.. don't want my finger getting stuck on a tacky surface).

Checkingout

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Just a little warning....Do Not use paper towels, etc. A cotton/MF cloth with a dab o' water will work wonders and not scratch your pretty screens.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I only user paper towels if they are wet, like when I'm done drying my hands. Throughout the day I'll use the top of my pants too.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I use my shirt. Its always there and its usually clean. Usually....

Sent from my HTC Merge Using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rackness

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I have a screen protector so I just do a quick wipe across my shirt if it needs it. If I really want to clean it i guess I would use a microfiber cloth or something like that.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Some of us may actually require sandpaper.....

As for the phone I could understand the use of sandpaper...adds character.

namebrandon

Sep 8, 2010
www.sunny16.org
yes it is gross!

BGR touchscreen phone a petri dish?

for me the smudges just make the screen look bad, so I wipe it off with my shirt or something every so often

Hrm, interesting. I could see this if it was a public smartphone, but since I use the device 99% of the time, I would imagine that very little bacteria/germs present on the device are not originating from me. If they came from me in the first place, I'm not too concerned about it.

Now I could definitely see an argument being made for skin issues, etc.. where oil/bacteria accumulate on the screen from your face, build up for a while, then end up back on your face in the same area over and over.. that makes more sense.

As far as being "gross", I bet you a standard keyboard is about the same, if not worse. The fascinate doesn't really have room for crumbs, and food particles.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
As far as being "gross", I bet you a standard keyboard is about the same, if not worse. The fascinate doesn't really have room for crumbs, and food particles.

I hear that. Ever pick your keyboard up and tip it upside down? I'm always amazed at how much falls out. Now I gotta go wash my hands!

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I hear that. Ever pick your keyboard up and tip it upside down? I'm always amazed at how much falls out. Now I gotta go wash my hands!

it worse when you go to help someone with a computer issue and their keyboard is all gross and nasty with crap all over it...

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Am I weird? I can't find any fingerprints on my phone. When it comes to dust though... I am constantly using my sleeve to clear the screen. Maybe I'm just a dry person.