AppBrain Sync Issue

jrs1035

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I just upgraded to the latest version of AppBrain and after I re-sync my phone the pending changes queue shows Voice Search, Gmail and Youtube to have available upgrades. Whenever I try to "perform installs" I get the "The requested item could not be found" error message. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

KH29

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I just upgraded to the latest version of AppBrain and after I re-sync my phone the pending changes queue shows Voice Search, Gmail and Youtube to have available upgrades. Whenever I try to "perform installs" I get the "The requested item could not be found" error message. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Mine is doing the same thing. I'm thinking its a problem on their end.

namebrandon

Sep 8, 2010
www.sunny16.org
Same thing. Don't resync or perform the installs. When I rebooted I was stuck. I had to restore from a nandroid backup.

If you have, maybe uninstall the apps and re-install? Everything was OK until I rebooted. :(

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Dammit, I don't remember what I did, hopefully no nasty surprises with my next reboot. Might uninstall app brain, apps causing a soft brick is pretty unacceptable.

I think I pressed sync again and when they were still there just clicked skip this update.

KH29

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Maybe clearing the AppBrain cache will help with the phone freezing up on reboot issue. I haven't tried to reboot since syncing AppBrain and trying to perform the installs. Why are these updates not available in the stock Marketplace? Aren't these apps built into the OS, which would require an OS update?

KH29

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I did some looking (mainly Youtube update) and it looks like that update is only for phones running Froyo (that's why its not available in the stock Marketplace). If you are rooted you can download the apk for the new Youtube update tweaked to run on 2.1. It can be found here:

New YouTube 2.0.26 download link available - xda-developers

Haven't looked into Gmail or Voice Search, but I would assume you would need 2.2 as well. Also the updates are not available for me on AppBrain anymore.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11