Facebook contacts "UnLinking" Randomly

heavilybrokn

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I have been having this problem for a while but it really happens intermittently so I didn't think anything of it but today its becoming more of an issue.

I have most of my contacts linked to a facebook profile in my phone. I was able to link them fine but a few times a group of my contacts have suddenly become unlinked with facebook and I have to go through and do it all over again. I have tried to find some sort of pattern as to the specific people that it is happening to but each time it is different people.

Tonight I noticed it had happened again so I went in as I had before to re-link the people up. The first two linked back fine but then i attempted to linke someone and it linked and right before my eyes it unlinked.

Is anyone else having this problem??? someone can shed some light onto this issue it would be greatly appreciated!!!

KG II

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Happened to me as well. I noticed that one contact on Buddies Now widget had no picture. I thought maybe she deleted her facebook, but it's just he phone. Any ideas?

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Facebook syncing has been sketchy on Android since day one, from what I have been able to tell. Although it's gotten much better from from Donut (where you couldn't even manually link two contacts other than from the suggestions list it gave you), I have noticed that on occasion contacts will still unlink or just stop syncing things like Facebook statuses, change in pictures, and etc.

I honestly don't think there is anything that can be done on our end as of right now, as it still seems to be an issue in Android and/or contact sync. Let's just hope it gets better in FroYo and/or Gingerbread.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Open contacts > click the menu soft key > click account > click add account, and be sure to click the Facebook under integrated accounts. Once you login it will list all your Facebook contacts. Check the ones you want and it will sync moving forward. It will only sync exact matches. SyncToPix works better for syncing FB pictures than the built-in app, in my experience.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
The stock app is pretty bad at keeping pictures and statuses up to date when linked with a contact. Sometimes I've seen pictures or statuses as old as a week old before it finally updates, even if it syncs once a day.

heavilybrokn

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Facebook syncing has been sketchy on Android since day one, from what I have been able to tell. Although it's gotten much better from from Donut (where you couldn't even manually link two contacts other than from the suggestions list it gave you), I have noticed that on occasion contacts will still unlink or just stop syncing things like Facebook statuses, change in pictures, and etc.

I honestly don't think there is anything that can be done on our end as of right now, as it still seems to be an issue in Android and/or contact sync. Let's just hope it gets better in FroYo and/or Gingerbread.

Thanks Chris! I wiped my phone as a last attempt to maybe stop it from "un-syncing"... I haven't had any problems since then but its only been a few days. Hopefully if the Fascinate ever gets an update it will help

anon(95804)

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Open contacts > click the menu soft key > click account > click add account, and be sure to click the Facebook under integrated accounts. Once you login it will list all your Facebook contacts. Check the ones you want and it will sync moving forward. It will only sync exact matches. SyncToPix works better for syncing FB pictures than the built-in app, in my experience.

I tried searching for this app SyncToPix in the Market but couldn't find it.... where'd you get it???

matzerby

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I am a fairly new Android user, so far have had nothing bad to say about my Fascinate. I woke up this morning and just happened to open my contacts to look at something and ALL my contacts with facebook no longer were linked to it. Does this eventually resolve itself or something that Android users have been dealing with and letting go?

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I am a fairly new Android user, so far have had nothing bad to say about my Fascinate. I woke up this morning and just happened to open my contacts to look at something and ALL my contacts with facebook no longer were linked to it. Does this eventually resolve itself or something that Android users have been dealing with and letting go?

It's something that happens sporadically across the Android platform. Unfortunately there's no known permanent fix other than to force it to re-sync everything again. Sorry that's all I have =\

matzerby

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I have forced a Sync and it is still not pulling any information is there any thing that can be done other than deleting the entire account and then adding it again?

matzerby

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
It's something that happens sporadically across the Android platform. Unfortunately there's no known permanent fix other than to force it to re-sync everything again. Sorry that's all I have =\

Other than deleting my account I have now, is there anything else that can be done? I tried to sync again and nothing happened.

Thanks,

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Other than deleting my account I have now, is there anything else that can be done? I tried to sync again and nothing happened.

Thanks,

My guess would be no, you may have to do that if you want to force fix it immediately. This has happened to me before and gradually it fixed itself. You can give it a day or so (maybe give it one overnight) and see if they've re-linked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney