Hey guys, I just dropped my phone with the Verizon holster and case installed and the edge managed to get dinged and the plastic piece between the 3.5mm port and the USB port looks a little popped out.

Because the back is a lightweight plastic, it seems like it would be an inexpensive repair IF I could get one. Problem is, I have no idea who might sell them. Any thoughts?
    JeremytheIndian likes this.
    11-22-2010 03:50 PM
    Ebay for sure. They are like $ 12 plus shipping.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    11-22-2010 04:06 PM
    Verizon should be able to sell you a back door.
    Usually they're $4.99+ tax.
    Not sure if they charge more for the Fascinate.

[tapatalk on android]
    11-22-2010 06:05 PM
    Samsung sells them directly on their site for 9.99
    JeremytheIndian likes this.
    11-22-2010 07:30 PM
    you could always go into a vzw and see if they have any returns...see if they could swap your back for another
    11-23-2010 07:30 AM
    Glad I saw this post!

I only use a case to protect the back of the phone so it doesn't get scuffed and what not; I don't wan't it to look like crap when I go to sell it in a year or so. After seeing this I think i'm gonna let my fascinate go case free. Such a thin piece of hardware deserves to be used without the extra bulk of a case and I'll just pick up a new cover when the time comes.

Thanks all around!
    11-23-2010 07:49 AM
    Verizon's website, vzw.com, sells them for an undiscounted price of $4.99 with free overnight shipping. I have a company discount on my line so they are $3.74 each. I actually bought 6 of them because they scuff up so easily. I can just pop a new one on every month or so.
    11-23-2010 08:22 AM
    Verizon's website, vzw.com, sells them for an undiscounted price of $4.99 with free overnight shipping. I have a company discount on my line so they are $3.74 each. I actually bought 6 of them because they scuff up so easily. I can just pop a new one on every month or so.
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice. I'll check out the Verizon site since I have a discount on accessories as well.
    11-23-2010 09:02 AM
    Hmmm...maybe I'll pick up a few and try rubberizing the back of it or something...
    11-23-2010 06:29 PM
    Hmmm...maybe I'll pick up a few and try rubberizing the back of it or something...
    If you do end up doing this, I'd love to see a picture, and learn more about how this is done. I've been trying to figure out this is done for a while now.
    11-24-2010 02:10 PM
    If you do end up doing this, I'd love to see a picture, and learn more about how this is done. I've been trying to figure out this is done for a while now.
    +1! I've been scouring the internet for this for weeks now, to no avail
    11-24-2010 03:36 PM
    +1! I've been scouring the internet for this for weeks now, to no avail
    Lol, that's funny. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
    11-24-2010 03:38 PM
    I think it's just a spray paint, perhaps something like Black Rubber Spray Paint. This product is a black synthetic rubber coating with a flat finish.

Getting it to stick to a glossy plastic surface may be a challenge. It would be an interesting experiment.

Jack
    11-24-2010 05:37 PM
    I think it's just a spray paint, perhaps something like Black Rubber Spray Paint. This product is a black synthetic rubber coating with a flat finish.

Getting it to stick to a glossy plastic surface may be a challenge. It would be an interesting experiment.

Jack
    I've known people who have used that stuff on their cars to cover up chrome. It has a real nice finish when it dries. I may pick up a spare back cover and a can to see what I can come up with.
    11-24-2010 10:47 PM
    I picked up a can of the Krylon Fusion for plastics. It's a textured finish. The only thing I wish is that it was flat instead of shimmered, but I was in a rush at the store and grabbed the best looking of the bunch.

Not the same as rubberized, but better than the original and it covered well with only 2 coats.

11-28-2010 03:58 PM
    How hard is it to apply, particularly around the edges of buttons and such? I'm thinking of doing this myself.
    11-28-2010 04:00 PM
    It's a spray. So I just took the cover off, sprayed it and let it dry then snapped it back on. Pretty simple.
    Chris Kerrigan likes this.
    11-28-2010 04:23 PM
    I may have to try this, thanks for posting!
    11-28-2010 04:41 PM
    Anyone know where I can find a spare white battery cover. Love the feel of the "naked" phone, and would like a different color to change from time to time.
    Thanks in advance!
    11-28-2010 07:27 PM
    Anyone know where I can find a spare white battery cover. Love the feel of the "naked" phone, and would like a different color to change from time to time.
    Thanks in advance!
    Have you tried searching on eBay? That might be your best bet
    11-28-2010 08:03 PM
    White would be cool. A quick google shopping search yielded nothing. However, if you find one at some point let us know.
    11-29-2010 01:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD