Fascinate-ing BF Barghoon

PGHammer

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
If you have a Sam's Club near you, and are looking hard at the Fascinate, wait until Friday. (Yes; even if you are NOT a member of the Wal-mart affiliated warehouse club.)

Why? On Friday, members can get a Fascinate for the un-Earthly sum of $0.96 with a two-year contract commitment. (Even if you aren't a member, a family membership + the phone would still be under almost any other Android phone - only the LG Ally undercuts this price.)

Yeeks.

j32driver

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
I think I already know the answer to this, but do you have to have a line that is eligible for an upgrade, or can you just resign a 2 year contract and get the price. My wife's line has 12 months before it is eligible for an upgrade.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I think I already know the answer to this, but do you have to have a line that is eligible for an upgrade, or can you just resign a 2 year contract and get the price. My wife's line has 12 months before it is eligible for an upgrade.

Almost all of these deals are such that you need a line that is "new every 2" eligible, aka 20 months into the contract. Even the "early upgrade" that VZ offers on primary lines after 12 months won't work with these deals.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
If you are on a family plan and have an alternate upgrade available (as in, a different line is eligible for a NE2 upgrade and you want to apply it to your line), you should be able to use that for these discounts as well. I can't speak for Sam's Club or Walmart, but Best Buy is capable of doing alternate upgrades.