02-07-2011 06:18 PM
645 12345 ...
tools
    For what it's worth I've been through 4 Froyo releases and it's really much ado about nothing, unless you really need Apps to SD. The DJ05 update is what we really need.
    What about improvements in battery life? As it is right now, the Fascinate is horrible when it comes to battery life and what appears to be lack of decent battery management options (that is one thing I miss on the Droid X).
    12-02-2010 01:29 PM
    What about improvements in battery life? As it is right now, the Fascinate is horrible when it comes to battery life and what appears to be lack of decent battery management options (that is one thing I miss on the Droid X).
    Hmm...my battery life is pretty decent actually. No custom ROM's or anything either, just rooted and de-bloated.
    12-02-2010 01:35 PM
    my battery life is good as well. I can practically get 2 days of use out of it now. Before updating my ROM to JT's and using stock rom, I could at least get through a day and not have to charge it until late morning on the 2nd day.
    12-02-2010 01:37 PM
    Yeah I can usually get about 2 days out of mine if I don't do much with it, keep the battery sucking screen off, it uses more power than anything else.
    12-02-2010 01:49 PM
    Wow, I don't know what you guys are doing to get such great battery life. With moderate use mine goes down hill pretty fast. I keep chargers everywhere now. I've used my car charger more than the never that I used it with my BB. Also keep a USB cable to plug into the computer at work if need be.
    12-02-2010 06:16 PM
    Wow, I don't know what you guys are doing to get such great battery life. With moderate use mine goes down hill pretty fast. I keep chargers everywhere now. I've used my car charger more than the never that I used it with my BB. Also keep a USB cable to plug into the computer at work if need be.
    Ditto, battery life isn't terrible, but I do have to connect it to a charger (usually my computer at work) for a little while so it goes through the day.
    12-02-2010 06:28 PM
    Well to me the battery life leaves a lot to be desired. I'm just hoping that with the upcoming maintenance update or Froyo that better battery usage arrives as well.
    12-02-2010 06:38 PM
    i would be happy with the maintaince
    12-02-2010 06:57 PM
    Froyo will do zilch to improve battery life. The Fascinate has actually been pretty good for me, but I also avoid task killers and programs that pound the network constantly.
    12-02-2010 11:27 PM
    Froyo will do zilch to improve battery life. The Fascinate has actually been pretty good for me, but I also avoid task killers and programs that pound the network constantly.
    how do task killers hurt battery life? unless youve got it set to you kill tasks super often, it shouldnt impact anything....

this is coming from a WinMo and BB kid....so please, correct me if im wrong
    12-03-2010 12:02 AM
    I was told by a verizon rep today,"Right now, our priority is LTE". We'll get to it eventually".
    12-03-2010 12:07 AM
    I was told by a verizon rep today,"Right now, our priority is LTE". We'll get to it eventually".
    Was this a rep in a store? My experience has been that they generally have no clue about much of anything upcoming. After the Droid 2 Global and Droid Pro were both out on the Verizon website I was in the store and asked the rep about them. He'd never heard of them.
    12-03-2010 12:27 AM
    I find this really disgusting. If LTE isn't going to roll out on phones until mid 2011, then why are they screwing us over?

Its apparent that they are.

At this point we're in such desperation that we're convincing ourselves that they're holding out on froyo to give us Gingerbread.

I'm starting to regret getting this phone, as amazing as it is, and starting to doubt switching putting faith in android. Its about time that Google starts implementing easier ways for everyone to upgrade to the latest OS.

via Tapatalk on my Fascinate
    12-03-2010 02:00 AM
    I think that people are really missing the most important fact... That the fascinate is a great phone and that you purchased the phone as it is... Anything additional that comes out such as froyo should be gravy on top. That said, I also can't wait for verizon to release froyo for the fascinate!
    12-03-2010 02:35 AM
    I think that people are really missing the most important fact... That the fascinate is a great phone and that you purchased the phone as it is... Anything additional that comes out such as froyo should be gravy on top. That said, I also can't wait for verizon to release froyo for the fascinate!
    Its a great phone, but it won't be relevant much longer I'm afraid to say. Even with froyo.

Hope I'm proved wrong, but I'm regretting purchasing a Samsung.

12-03-2010 03:00 AM
    Case in point: the original Droid. Need I say more?

12-03-2010 03:02 AM
    with my play time between the droid X and the fascinate, both phones really are the same, but with different manufactures...the X does perform a bit better with loading pages etc. but honestly i have no GPS lag that half of the world talks about(my gps finds my location and works in about 5 seconds), and i have no lag when i flip through my screens......not crapping myself about the fascinate but it really is a kickass phone. could i go 2 years with 2.1 sure..no problem really...will i drool over gingerbread? yeah, my mouth will be like Niagara falls..then my mouth will dry up and then my eyes will tear knowing i will never be able to have gingerbread wherever i go.

just my 0.02 cents

12-03-2010 03:16 AM
    Originally Posted by ocgreenmachine
    "I think that people are really missing the most important fact... That the fascinate is a great phone and that you purchased the phone as it is... Anything additional that comes out such as froyo should be gravy on top. That said, I also can't wait for verizon to release froyo for the fascinate"

The thing is, when you spend good money on a device like this which will cost you ~$2400 for the contract term you expect it to be serviced. You should expect to be able to use this phone to it's full potential. I researched this phone extensively prior to purchasing it and believed the tweets by Samsung that Froyo would be available in the very near future. This was 2 months ago and it's still without Froyo. Samsung is allowing and promoting misinformation to sucker people in to buying this device. I'll never buy a Samsung product again.
    12-03-2010 08:30 AM
    Are we really missing out on much? Flash support and apps2sd... I still think we will see 2.2 at some point soon, but I don't think we need it in order to "reach our full potential." I think we are just *****ing because it is something that we don't have, rather than it being about what the update really brings to the device
    12-03-2010 10:17 AM
    Are we really missing out on much? Flash support and apps2sd... I still think we will see 2.2 at some point soon, but I don't think we need it in order to "reach our full potential." I think we are just *****ing because it is something that we don't have, rather than it being about what the update really brings to the device
    Well, to some people, Flash is really important and/or apps2sd is really important. For me personally, I would welcome less lag and sluggishness. I definitely would like flash and the other goodies that would come with 2.2 as well. So no, I don't think its a case of just complaining about what we don't have it is really about getting the features that we should have already.
    12-03-2010 10:21 AM
    Coming from a Droid X with 2.2, I can tell you that Fascinate w/2.1 > Droid X w/2.2 It's not even a contest. Between all the bugs and the lag on the X (yes, I know we have lag, but believe me when I tell you the X is worse) you couldn't pay me to go back to it.

Don't get me wrong... I WANT FroYo, but I'd rather wait that install the steaming pile of poo that is 2.2 on the Droid X
    12-03-2010 10:24 AM
    how do task killers hurt battery life? unless youve got it set to you kill tasks super often, it shouldnt impact anything....

this is coming from a WinMo and BB kid....so please, correct me if im wrong
    They run in the background. ANYTHING that uses additional processing power or memory will drain the battery.
    12-03-2010 10:45 AM
    They run in the background. ANYTHING that uses additional processing power or memory will drain the battery.
    Exactly. Not to mention a lot of them actually cause memory leak themselves.
    12-03-2010 11:06 AM
    Its about time that Google starts implementing easier ways for everyone to upgrade to the latest OS.
    Yes.

Case in point: the original Droid. Need I say more?
    Exactly. My brother and I both got Droids in March with BOGO and his has been perfect, even now. I mean his battery life sucks but other than that he has had zilch problems, and is of course on 2.2 and has been since June or July. I went through 7 crap Droids that broke on me for a variety of reasons, and have had the Fascinate since launch day. But eh. I really don't think they're ever goign to give us 2.2, and I've made my peace with that. What I want is a root friendly maintenance update.
    12-03-2010 11:07 AM
    If you look at the Galaxy S support Twitter feed:

Twitter

every other tweet from Mary is about Froyo coming by the end of the year, not just for the Fascinate, but every Galaxy S phone in the US.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm hoping for a new baseband to improve the reception on the phone. Always seems weaker than my wife's Droid 2 (2 bars vs. 3 or 4).
    12-03-2010 11:28 AM
645 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD