K-9 Group Email

928SC

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I just started using K9 a few days ago as sometimes it was taking 15-20 min for an email to make it from comcast to gmail.

One feature that I need to figure out quickly is how to send an email to a group in K9. I have tried a number of thing but can't figure it out. Is there something in all of the settings or is the app not capable of group emails?

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I take it you're talking about groups in your contacts like family, friends, coworkers, etc? If so I do not know of a way with k9. You'd just have to add recipients individually.

928SC

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes, email contacts (distribution list). I kind of figured that k9 could not do this as nobody replied, but may viewed (maybe hoping that I found the answer).

I was surprised that you can send an email to a group in the stock email app. Looks like I can't get rid of that now.

lmoye

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Workaround solution for group email in k9 email

While pleased with my recent switch from Blackberry to Droid, I was stunned to see there was no facility to deal with the relatively established concept of sending group email. After a few days, here is the work around that I have configured.

Scenario: I have an a group of three (fictitious) coworkers named April, May, and June who each need to receive emails regularly. Assume their email addresses are

April01@msn.com
May06@gmail.com
June@univ.edu

Then I do the following
1- navigate to contacts
2- open a new contact
3- name it what I choose, in this case Coworkers
4-navigate to the email field
5-enter the following string
April@msn.com>,"May"<May06@gmail.com>,"June"<June@Univ.edu
6-save the contact

Now when you email, just choose the Coworkers contact and Ll three email will appear. Note I deleted the leading < and trailing > of the string as these are added by the email client.

Working nicely on an epic.

SeatownGST

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
there really needs to be a centralized messaging function for android.

right now this is a disaster across gmail/k9 mail/default mail all pulling down things for 3 different addresses.

the storm 1 that I left for android did all types of messaging better.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
For me K9 is as central as it gets. I don't have gmail or default pulling from anything. K9 does my normal e-mail and touchdown does my exchange. Touchdown works so much better than the BIS interface on the BB and to get Activesync on the BB, you had to pay $50 or more.

My only issue is whether k9 is a battery hog? Could be some of the other apps I have but I noticed a bigger drain since installing k9. The group email function is not a big deal to me but based on the post above, it is able to be worked around.

milomak

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Interestingly after I have ceated the list and go into contacts and select to send an email to the list, k9 will add all the recipients. Yet if I try forward an email and I type list or select it from contacts, it only selects the first person in the list.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey