Battery Power Status

stormrocks

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Does the Fascinate have a battery power status? On my previous phone, the Storm, it would tell me the exact percentage. I looked everywhere but couldn't figure it out. Thanks. :mad:

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
If you're stock, System Info is pretty good and customizable. I've heard Batt Stat is also good. You can also find the percentage in the hidden menus, which you can find in another thread on here. If you have gone the custom ROM route, you can apply a theme that has the percentage built into the battery indicator.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Does the Fascinate have a battery power status? On my previous phone, the Storm, it would tell me the exact percentage. I looked everywhere but couldn't figure it out. Thanks. :mad:

4 ways:

1.) Download an app that shows it
2.) With hidden menus enabled, dial *#0228#
3.) Install a custom ROM with a theme that has a different battery bar
4.) Install a modified framework.apk with a different battery bar to your stock ROM

To explore option:
2.) check out this post
4.) check out this post

I personally use the same framework.apk from the 4th option and love it.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
4 ways:

1.) Download an app that shows it
2.) With hidden menus enabled, dial *#0228#
3.) Install a custom ROM with a theme that has a different battery bar
4.) Install a modified framework.apk with a different battery bar to your stock ROM

To explore option:
2.) check out this post
4.) check out this post

Hey, I didn't even know about that 0228 option, thanks!

I don't know why TouchWiz doesn't display the discharge level like stock does in the battery info screen.

UPDATE: I just noticed a friends Vibrant and his displays the discharge level like stock Android, so this must be a software variation. Gah, that's frustrating.

Last edited:

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah that was always odd to me. You can also see it in *#help*1111# in the battery info there. I just preferred 0228 as a quicker route until I changed the battery bar.

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site

Glad you like it. So I noticed in your post in that thread that you say you're using the stock ROM. Are you saying totally stock - as in not deodexed? I was under the assumption using a deodexed ROM was necessary for fiddling with the framework.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes, totally stock. I saw that too but I figured I'd give it a try. I also did not install it via adb shell. I just made a copy of my origional framework.apk on my SD card, then overwrote the original in the system/framework folder with the modified one. You'll get some force closes since it's using the file when you do this, but a reset clears it up. Works perfectly fine.

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
This may be the wrong place to ask this, but I am having issues on my fascinate's battery meter too. What happens is that it says the battery is at 95% all day, but when it runs out it just dies. No warning, no notification, it simply shuts off. Suggestions anyone? I've tried different battery widgets and I've even gone to settings/about phone/batter info and every one of them says 95%. Battery life itself seems normal as it lasts me about a day. This has happened ever since I rooted and flashed a voodoo kernel, but I have since flashes the stock kernel back on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae