anyone have an issue where ALL of your text message threads are randomly deleted? i had a thread with about 1800 messages and it was deleted along with every other text message thread i had. this has happened about 3-4 times now!! and its starting to **** me off. i have the limit to 5000 messages so thats not the problem, idk what it is.
    12-09-2010 03:46 AM
    Hey GS,

couple questions,
    what phone are you using-i should assume fascinate right lol
    what version of android are you running
    are you rooted...Rom'd
    are you using chomp or handcent
    and have you tried just shutting off "delete messages" all together?
    12-09-2010 03:58 AM
    I'd try this that one. If you have your limit set at 5000, you're obviously not trying to conserve space, so get rid of that option completely and see if that helps.
    12-09-2010 10:01 AM
    Yep, this is a well reported issue across the entire Android platform. I sure hope it was fixed in Gingerbread, because it’s been happening in FroYo too.
    12-09-2010 10:03 AM
    The last time I had that happen to me, my phone reset without a proper shutdown. I was able to duplicate that issue by just pulling the battery without shutting down. It's like the data isn't flushed yet and it just loses it. I normally back out of the messaging app so it's "closed" and I haven't had any messages deleted since.
    12-09-2010 10:36 AM
    Hey GS,

couple questions,
    what phone are you using-i should assume fascinate right lol
    what version of android are you running
    are you rooted...Rom'd
    are you using chomp or handcent
    fascinate with verizon, 2.1 firmware, unrooted, im using the stock message app, and i have the delete messages off
    12-09-2010 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD