Crackly Speaker

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I frequently use the external speaker to listen to music and audiobooks. I've noticed lately that it sometimes cracks and pops. Anyone else experienced this? If so, are you running DJ05?

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Using poweramp or stock? Does it happen even with the screen off? Widget maybe (battery ones especially)? It never happens with headphones or hooking up to your car speakers? I don't think I've heard a speaker-specific complaint. But there were a lot of music complaints even on di01

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I am not running DJ05, but it is a common complaint of DJ05 users.

I was hoping to hear this. Hopefully that means there's a chance it will get fixed. I almost bought a replacement over it. I've also noticed the visual voicemail audio through the earpiece speaker is barely audible.

Thanks to you other guys for your input.

ocgreenmachine

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
i've noticed that if you have the power cord plugged in and the screen on when using the auxilliary cable, there is crackling in the audio output. A simple fix is to either turn off the screen OR unplug your external power. Perhaps without the auxilliary cable plugged in the same fix can be utilized.

Last edited:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Brandon, I didn't even know you had posted this 8 days ago! I will give it a shot and see if it fixes it for me.

P.S. - Be sure and check out the mod forum ;)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Brandon, I didn't even know you had posted this 8 days ago! I will give it a shot and see if it fixes it for me.

P.S. - Be sure and check out the mod forum ;)

I posted about this earlier today , because i just put on DJ05 this morning and the crackling has been driving me crazy but im using a headset. It works fine when im talking over the phone but once music comes on its really bad.

So please let me know if it works out.

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Interesting thing is it depended on what music app you used and how you used your phone while listening to music. If I just had DoubleTwist running it would be fine but if you did something else like browsing the web it would pop. Last.fm never had any issues and I heard the winamp app never had issues. I'm still running 1.54 but I'm glad it got resolved in an upcoming release.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Interesting thing is it depended on what music app you used and how you used your phone while listening to music. .

Well i tried it on Power Amp and Double Twist, both crackled...And i dont understand the 2nd question. I wasn't talking and listening, i was listening, then received a call in the middle which pauses the music player and switches me to the call, and in the call it was very clear. When i switched back to the music the crackles were back.

Even my ringtones were/are doing it though. It didn't just happen in a music player.

Probably the way it processes certain formats, because during calls it was fine

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
No Doodoo for me!!

I installed the one in Brandon's post and so far so good. But I never declare anything fixed until at least 24 hours have passed :)

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Hope it works, small issues like that really detract from the experience of a great phone. I love this thing and wouldn't trade it for any other phone/carrier combo on the current market, but sadly it takes more work to unlock its potential than many other handsets.

Reactions: Cory Streater