Having Phone Issues

FNDomination

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Alright. My girlfriend and I have had these phones for a little over a month now. Up until recently, the only "bug" I have come across is having the task manager pop up while I am playing angry birds or another game, and then repeatedly pop up over and over after being backed out.

Last night, I discovered my voice recorder wasn't working, so I restarted my phone. While my phone was restarting, I went to check my girlfriend's phone's voice recorder which worked. Once I deleted the file, I checked her task manager to close everything down for her since she was in bed, and her phone was charging. It was at this point where the touch screen or touch keys were not being responsive. Basically, the task manager window ended up freezing in a very "fragmented" fashion on the screen. I unplugged the phone, and then everything worked fine again.

After restarting my phone, the voice recorder worked. I thought everything was groovy. But, I just had a little issue with my touchscreen. I tried to slide the puzzle piece in the slot and nothing moved. Then the whole phone just went black. I couldn't power it up or anything until it finally popped up again with the "silent/power off" option pop up window. I powered it off and now I have it up and running again.

Wow, I just wrote a lot of stuff, sorry. Anyway, any other Fascinate users out there having any issues like this? Our phones are stock, and have never been rooted. On top of waiting for Froyo/Gingerbread, if these phones are going to start crapping out like this I am going to be really pissed off.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I have had the occasional lag here and there, but nothing like you explained. When you say task manager, do you mean the built in task manager, or an app you installed?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Alright. My girlfriend and I have had these phones for a little over a month now. Up until recently, the only "bug" I have come across is having the task manager pop up while I am playing angry birds or another game, and then repeatedly pop up over and over after being backed out.

Last night, I discovered my voice recorder wasn't working, so I restarted my phone. While my phone was restarting, I went to check my girlfriend's phone's voice recorder which worked. Once I deleted the file, I checked her task manager to close everything down for her since she was in bed, and her phone was charging. It was at this point where the touch screen or touch keys were not being responsive. Basically, the task manager window ended up freezing in a very "fragmented" fashion on the screen. I unplugged the phone, and then everything worked fine again.

After restarting my phone, the voice recorder worked. I thought everything was groovy. But, I just had a little issue with my touchscreen. I tried to slide the puzzle piece in the slot and nothing moved. Then the whole phone just went black. I couldn't power it up or anything until it finally popped up again with the "silent/power off" option pop up window. I powered it off and now I have it up and running again.

Wow, I just wrote a lot of stuff, sorry. Anyway, any other Fascinate users out there having any issues like this? Our phones are stock, and have never been rooted. On top of waiting for Froyo/Gingerbread, if these phones are going to start crapping out like this I am going to be really pissed off.

This has happened to me a couple of times i dont believe its a hardware issue.
and its not like it happens often enough for me to worry. i assume it has to do with glitchy apps that are not working well together.

are you running any apps like handcent, NoLed, launcher pro or any other launchers?

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I've noticed a lot of these weird corky glitches here and there, particularly the lockscreen one you mentioned. Although I don't see it a lot, the two or three times I have seen it really caused me to raise an eyebrow. I'd be willing to assume it's simply an issue with TouchWiz not being as polished as it probably could be, or not interacting well with certain apps. As long as in the end you're up and running fine, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

FNDomination

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
No, I am not running any of those apps. Yes, I mean the stock task manager, I think the advanced task manager is silly to have since there is already one that works.

I got fed up last night and factory reset my phone. I figured maybe I had downloaded some app that was making my phone wonky. She works like a charm now, thus far.

I know it isn't anything to sleep over, but these phones aren't exactly cheap either. For the price, I would think wanting the phone to run like a swiss watch wouldn't be too much to ask for. Oh well, this technology is evolving so fast, it makes my head spin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol