Text Messaging Problems

KH29

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Wondering if anyone else has run into this problem. Every once in a while when I send a text message it becomes misinterpreted or something. The person that receives the text says that the message just appears with a bunch of question marks (?). I was using Handscent, but have since gotten rid of it and went back to stock messaging app. I am also using the SwiftKey Keyboard app for typing, and have thought about getting rid of it, but wanted to check with others. I am running LP+, not rooted or anything. Any help with this would be great.

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I know my moto X throws zeros between every letter in the message sometimes, its really annoying, only way to stop it is to reboot the phone, or delete the whole convo with said person to.

copperavery

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen eoither of those problmes, but every now and then, a text goes to the wrong person. Sometimes there is a network error and the message will not go out.

makav3ll1

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I get errors when a person sends me a message that is more than 160 characters, the second message becomes a bunch of symbols, its really anoyying

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
This is the first I have hear of this bug. I am aware that if some of my coworkers let too many SMS messages pile up (+500) contacts x messages then it appears as tho the messages are coming from someone different.

Once they clear the messages it resolves the problem.

Bitter13

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Although this may be a different issue altogether, I've had a minor problem occasionally receiving texts where it will say it's from a different contact until the message is fully opened (ie: when i receive a text and get the alert in the screen header or in the sms message list if i have that screen open at the time)

Anyone else come across this?

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Although this may be a different issue altogether, I've had a minor problem occasionally receiving texts where it will say it's from a different contact until the message is fully opened (ie: when i receive a text and get the alert in the screen header or in the sms message list if i have that screen open at the time)

Anyone else come across this?

That is the same effect that has been described to me on at least three occasions. I have not experienced it. I usually clear my sms messages when they reach about 75 or less.

bawoo

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I have just had this same exact error and to better illustrate...

I texted my friend "by carpool i mean you take me" he told me (AT&T iPhone 3GS) he saw "b?y? c?a?r?...."

This is quite weird indeed. At the time, I was texting two people back to back, so maybe something went crazy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech