help...

kylabugg

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
So.... i understand jailbreaking and unlocking the iphone but now i have verizon which i love and I also ahve a sam fascinate which i love.... curiosity has got the best of me and I rooted my phone.... now what... what can i do with it? any ideas. I know this sounds dumb but ehh oh well. doesn't hurt to ask right ;)

ideas? thanks!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So.... i understand jailbreaking and unlocking the iphone but now i have verizon which i love and I also ahve a sam fascinate which i love.... curiosity has got the best of me and I rooted my phone.... now what... what can i do with it? any ideas. I know this sounds dumb but ehh oh well. doesn't hurt to ask right ;)

ideas? thanks!

now you can remove the preinstalled apps that they installed on your phone a.k.a bloatware, i would get root explorer, then go to /system/app then rename all the .apk's you dont want , i renamed mine from .apk to .bak. if you search our forums there are lists of apps that are safe to remove.

also you can get screen capture apps like, shoot me, drocap2, or screenshot it.

if you get real adventrous you can start flashing new roms, which are basically customized Operating systems.

kylabugg

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Flashing new roms sounds cool, but also very intimidating haha, i've seen some custom boot screens and those look pretty cool also.
I'm just begining to ask myself... am I in over my head haha.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
There is plenty of information here, as well as at XDA... Just be sure you read up as much as you can so that you understand what you are doing, and the ways you can undo things that might have a negative effect.

And always ask questions if you are unsure of something before actually doing it... Plenty of helpful minds around here and XDA as well

Reactions: DroidXcon

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
If i decide to go back to stock, is there things I NEEED to know so I don't brick my phone lol

I have not seen to many instances that people permanently brick there phone, what i suggest is the you make backups there are various back up apps that you can use, but i would def write down seperatly what roms custom or stock you have flashed on paper, sometimes people dont remember what they started off with...

that being said there are Stock roms that you can flash if you need to get back to stock and we have many people in the forums who are experienced and very talented that can help you through things

kylabugg

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
thanks for all the help guys! I was kinda of nervous posting a thread but I am glad I did! I'm really excited to join the forum! this will also help me at work," I know we aren't supposed to root our phones but ohh well lol shhhh", I work as a customer service rep at verizon so I see a lot of things I just can't figure out. I glad to know now where I can find this information!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
thanks for all the help guys! I was kinda of nervous posting a thread but I am glad I did! I'm really excited to join the forum! this will also help me at work," I know we aren't supposed to root our phones but ohh well lol shhhh", I work as a customer service rep at verizon so I see a lot of things I just can't figure out. I glad to know now where I can find this information!

Its a really great community,,,, And maybe you shouldnt admit to being a verizon rep, its kind of a 4 letter word around here lol....... Nah J/k , we are glad that a rep is taking the time to learn more; its upsetting to hear that we have reps out there that give misinformation and don't make an effort to inform themselves. So Def Kudo's to you

kylabugg

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
haha thanks well i'm new there so I am trying to fix what a lot of reps have ruined. haha I don't like turning any customer away with wrong or no answers! So i am starting to educate myself with experience and research ahaha. I think it's a pretty good job for being only a 20 year old girl huh. hopefully I can get really good at my job a move up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz