Launcher Pro....

sung3d

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Dude, you should have mentioned that from the start :)

Yeah, remove ATK, reboot and you'll be all set. And never put that crap on your phone again. Just out of curiosity: did the Verizon rep put ATK on for you?

May I ask why to remove ATK?
I've been using it since I got my Fascinate and it seems works like charm and haven't noticed any problem it may have caused.
Am I missing something?
Please educate me if ATK is evil thing to have on my phone.
And any suggestion to replace ATK?

Thanks in advance.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
May I ask why to remove ATK?
I've been using it since I got my Fascinate and it seems works like charm and haven't noticed any problem it may have caused.
Am I missing something?
Please educate me if ATK is evil thing to have on my phone.
And any suggestion to replace ATK?

Thanks in advance.

Task Killers are a very touchy subject here. Some defend them, some go to the end of the planet to put them down. Check out the link in my signature "Task Killers 101" -- it's a great read.

Reactions: sung3d

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm noticing more and more new Dinc users having ATK on their phones. A few friends, who are not power users by any means, have it right off the bat. I asked one why he has it and he said it was "highly recommended" by the sales rep in Best Buy. *facepalm*

Granted, Dinc'ers don't have the option to use the built in task manager to end apps. :p

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm noticing more and more new Dinc users having ATK on their phones. A few friends, who are not power users by any means, have it right off the bat. I asked one why he has it and he said it was "highly recommended" by the sales rep in Best Buy. *facepalm*

Granted, Dinc'ers don't have the option to use the built in task manager to end apps. :p

When I got my Fascinate, Best Buy tried to convince me to let them install it on my phone. Nooooooooooo way, I gave them a huge lowdown of why TK's are bad :p

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Considering the Fascinate has a task manager I don't know why you'd really need another one, except for auto killing things I guess.

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
The task manager is pretty lame. If you want a good one try System Panel Lite.

I don't use a real task killer but I like minfree managers like Autokiller.

sung3d

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
The reason I was using Advanced Task Killer was:
1. Highly recommended from everywhere (yeah...I know..)
2. The built-in default Task Manager seems lame. (Even if I end task with it, Fasciante seems like still running some random apps- music player, video player, and others... from time to time)
3. Haven't noticed any problem with ATK.

Again, what is wrong with ATK?

I read the article by Jerry Hildenbrand http://www.androidcentral.com/how-properly-set-and-use-task-killer-oh-yes-i-went-there
but I still don't get it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol