Is Verizon blocking Google Earth?

Rebelvis

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I got some kind of Market app update and now it looks quite a bit different. Anyway, I tried to search for Google earth and it's nowhere to be found. Next, I tried to download it from App Brain and when I click to download it, I get a message saying, "the requested item cannot be found."

If Verizon is blocking this, I'm pretty angry. I've been holding off from rooting till mythical Froyo comes out but, I may go ahead now. Perhaps, there is some issue on Google's end but, the fact that it shows up on app brain and not the market makes me think it's damn verizon.

Also, I downloaded ZRoot before it was removed and I'm wondering if anyone knows any reason this wouldn't work for me.

Last edited:

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I got some kind of Market app update and now it lloks quite a bit different. Anyway, I tried to search for Google earth and it's nowhere to be found. Next, I tried to download it from App Brain and when I click to download it, I get a message saying, "the requested item cannot be found."

If Verizon is blocking this, I'm pretty angry. I've benn holding off from rooting till mythical Froyo comes out but, I may go ahead now. Perhaps, there is some issue on Google's end but, the fact that it shows up on app brain and not the market makes me think it's damn verizon.

Also, I downloaded ZRoot before it was removed and I'm wondering if anyone knows any reason this wouldn't work for me.

I just tried to search for it myself and it's not listed. I don't want to say Verizon is blocking it, but it is entirely possible Google pulled it from the Market temporarily. AppBrain sometimes takes a day or two to reflect the change and will still show it.

DAFFYDC

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I think that since the market place has been updated, it'll only show you apps that will work with whatever version of software you're running. Maybe us Fascinate owners will need to way for Froyo to get Google Earth.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I think that since the market place has been updated, it'll only show you apps that will work with whatever version of software you're running. Maybe us Fascinate owners will need to way for Froyo to get Google Earth.

yeah i tried directly from their website and their QR code led me no where.

Bandit

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Its not a 2.1 issue, you have to go to google.com/mobile/earth and have it sent to your phone. I have a fascinate and have google earth running on it.

fishn4four

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Blocked Earth?

I originally purchased on release day and installed Google Earth as soon as I got it. I just had my phone replaced a couple days ago under warranty and tried to get Google Earth back on it...I can't find it in the "new" Market and sending the direct link from Google doesn't work either.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded Google Earth on my phone a few weeks ago (before the market update) and it is running fine on my fascinate. So cannot be an eclair/fascinate issue.

On the other hand, it is not showing up on my market either. So I wonder it has something to do with the new market.

Groundhound

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Shows up in market on my wife's DX, but not on my Fascinate, although my current version works fine. So updates are just for Froyo, it appears.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante