sch-i500_DH12_to_DI01 UPDATE

hoodie#AC

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, hopefully there is an answer to my question because i've been looking for because i've been looking around and haven't really found a definite answer...

my phone keeps trying to up date this update OTA:

sch-i500_DH12_to_DI01

My phone is currently rooted, and lag fixed (1100)

I remember reading how this update bricked someones phone up. but the question i had is, how do i get rid of the notifications for this update? do i need it? (i've heard it's just some minor fixes that don't really make a difference)...

It only allows me to "defer" the update within a 24hour period so when that time elapses and it restarts my phone.
every time it restarts the phone
It opens android system recovery
and says....:

E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (invalid argument) # Manual Mode #

if anyone can help me out i would greatly appreciate it!!!
btw, Happy Holidays!!!

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
The phones that had problems were Canadian (Telus) Fascinates, and those were not OTA updates. It sounds like you have a Verizon Fascinate and this is just a minor upgrade IIRC, not Froyo.

Is your phone rooted? That's the usual cause of update problems (other than users who get nervous and pull out cords and batteries because the phone takes too long to boot). If so un-root before upgrading.

To answer your question: The only way that I know of to stop these critical update notifications is to change the time on your phone backwards and then edit the settings on the phone to tell it to not sync with network time otherwise it will do so automatically.

I really would not worry about it though.

Reactions: hoodie#AC

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Check Settings > About Phone for your build and baseband. Odds are, you already have DI01. If you're still on DH12 for some reason though, a DI01 update can be found over at XDA to flash manually with Odin.

Here's a link to one that doesn't do the standard file check that causes rooted phones to fail to install it:
SCH-I500.DI01 Update

sung3d

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Check Settings > About Phone for your build and baseband. Odds are, you already have DI01. If you're still on DH12 for some reason though, a DI01 update can be found over at XDA to flash manually with Odin.

Here's a link to one that doesn't do the standard file check that causes rooted phones to fail to install it:
SCH-I500.DI01 Update

This happened to me exactly the same. (rooted, lag fix)
I just moved MobileUpdateClient.apk to SD card using root explorer. This is the "InnoPath ActiveCare" software updater and my phone never bother to be asked to update from Verizon.

Eventually I should upgrade my phone to DI01 update since mine is still on DH, I am pretty satisfied with what I have right now though and I am a bit afraid and not comfortable messing with my phone.