Camera flash not working?

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I recently downloaded a flashlight app and when I tried to use it the led/flash wouldn't turn on. I got curious and tried to take a picture with the camera flash turned on, still nothing. I can't get the led to turn on at all. I don't think I ever used it before rooting and installing superclean rom, so I don't know if that has anyhting to do with it or not. Seems weird that that would stop the led from working though.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if anyone else has had this issue with JT's Super Clean ROM but the first thing you might want to do is Flash back to stock and do a hard reset and see if it's working after you do that. If it is working, it's more than likely something to do with the ROM and you can try reflashing after a hard reset. If it's still not working, then I would say you have a hardware issue and you should look into getting a replacement.

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Uninstalled the app and restarted, that didn't do anything. Might try flashing to an earlier stock backup in rom manager. I hope it isn't a hardware problem.

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Flashing back to an earlier stock backup didn't help. Might try the factory reset, as much as I don't want to.

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Tesla was one, tried another after it wouldn't work, neither of them worked obviously. I really hate this too, finally got the phone how I liked it, the thought of having to switch it out for a new one isn't a good one.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Tesla was one, tried another after it wouldn't work, neither of them worked obviously. I really hate this too, finally got the phone how I liked it, the thought of having to switch it out for a new one isn't a good one.

do a nandroid. when you get your new phone flash cwm. reboot to cwm. restore. they will just send you a phone. no battery. no sd card. no battery cover. you swap everything and send the broke phone back. when you do the recovery it will put everything back the way you had it when you made the back up. :D

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I too use tesla with no issues. I believe on one of the flashlight apps I tried before it cause this problem too, but removing the app fixed it for me. Sounds like it may have killed your LED unfortunately.

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I wish I had tried using it before now, I have no idea if it ever worked to begin with.I don't take many pictures so I never noticed. But yeah I've got a few backups I can use. I didn't know they'd send you one in the mail, figured I could swap it at a store.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I wish I had tried using it before now, I have no idea if it ever worked to begin with.I don't take many pictures so I never noticed. But yeah I've got a few backups I can use. I didn't know they'd send you one in the mail, figured I could swap it at a store.

you may be able to. however many of the "verizon" stores are not verizon, they are just a vendor. the easiest thing usually ends up being calling them and they will over night you one. they will also include return shipping package and postage. all in all its a pretty pain free process. before you ship the old one, back it up to your sd, and you should have a pretty seemless transition.

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I've got another phone coming to me. The girl at the store seemed pretty clueless. She saw the media scanner running on my phone after a restart and didn't know what it was. I had to tell her "It does that, just give it a minute" She said something like "You got a lot of pictures on it or something?"

I should have just called.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I've got another phone coming to me. The girl at the store seemed pretty clueless. She saw the media scanner running on my phone after a restart and didn't know what it was. I had to tell her "It does that, just give it a minute" She said something like "You got a lot of pictures on it or something?"

I should have just called.

LOL ohhh nothing surprises me anymore with reps. I'm glad you got a new phone though!