Thinking of moving to Android

TheVTech

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
So PALM/HP have blown a great thing (not surprised) and I'm looking at grabbing a Fascinate.

However after reading some of these posts about promised features and OS updates, I'm wondering how much is Verizon and how much is Android/PALM/HP??
We've been promised the Sun the Moon the Stars and a comet or 2 over on webOS with NOTHING to show for it yet in almost 2 years.

Just how solid is the hardware on this phone and when rooted does HDMI work etc since it's no longer on Samsung's platform or am I missing more than meets the eye with rooting?

Thanks!

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
As far as the updates are concerned, I think it is more samsung than anything. I dont use the fascinate but in general, the android updates do get pushed faster than other platforms. Rooting can be the way to go if you want your phone updated the quickest (just backup your stock rom). You are only limited to the hardware of your phone and the devs that code the roms.

Reactions: TheVTech

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
You will definitely notice a huge difference in hardware and fulfillments with Android. I too have left the webos world and has never looked back.

It's all good with Android.

Enjoy.

mbuxx

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I made the switch from blackberry after 6 years..at first I was hesatint(sp) just because I was a big bbm head..but now Im glad I did and will never look back. Got 2.2 the other day and it seems to be working great after a couple battery pulls. Im not even rooted and the posibilities and customization seem endless :)

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
i switched from wm 6.1. i still hold that wm is a great platform. i had my samsung omnia for 2 years, which is huge. like most geeks i want the latest greatest, but the omnia is a great phone, it did everything i wanted and more. that being said, i dont think i will ever go back. the android is GREAT. its not even funny how much better my Fascinate is than my omnia. the updates will come. i am confident in that. i think most of the frustration we on this forum feel comes from the fact that we are geeks, no one try and denie your geekness. you are on a forum to help you hack and root your phone, embrace your geekness :) i know for me its, "ooo, shiney, i want it now, now, now!!!!!!". yes the updates are slow, but they are coming.

on another note, the stock phone sucks. well atleast now it does. i went back to stock after haveing a rooted phone for a couple of weeks. i lasted 25 minutes. it was like watching avatar on my sony 46 in hd and then going to my inlaws and watching it on thier 32in sanyo in sd.

recap. im a geek. i like new stuff. i like to tinker. stock fascinate, 32in sd. rooted fascinate, 46in hd. verizon and samsung are slow and annoying, but not dead. update will come.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2