problems and solutions

peck272

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
hello all,
I am having problems with the following on my Verizon fascinate:
music is all mixed up. some songs show up in the wrong catagories, genres are created that i didnt create, etc
Photos: I cant arrange them into the order i would like.

heres a solution that i was having a problem with: when i was playing music over the bluetooth device in my car; the audio would "skip". i found through some testing that this is caused by having the wireless set to on. once i turned it off, the "skipping" stopped.

any suggestions or solutions for the problems?:confused:

peck272

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
DroidXcon,
I have rooted the phone but no new ROM. I will see about getting a new card and try that out.
i am also trying to see about the metatags on the music and photos to see if that is what is driving their organization(or lack thereof)

peck272

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
droidxcon, i was also thinking that when i have sent these photos/videos, i was not on the home network. that may be the problem, the 3g cant handle that much data being sent in an email.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
DroidXcon,
I have rooted the phone but no new ROM. I will see about getting a new card and try that out.
i am also trying to see about the metatags on the music and photos to see if that is what is driving their organization(or lack thereof)

Thats an interesting thought about the tags.... before spending money on a SD card maybe it would be a good ideat to hard reset. then if it still doesnt work right getting a new card.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
hello all,
I am having problems with the following on my Verizon fascinate:
music is all mixed up. some songs show up in the wrong catagories, genres are created that i didnt create, etc
Photos: I cant arrange them into the order i would like.

heres a solution that i was having a problem with: when i was playing music over the bluetooth device in my car; the audio would "skip". i found through some testing that this is caused by having the wireless set to on. once i turned it off, the "skipping" stopped.

any suggestions or solutions for the problems?:confused:

the blue tooth problem isnt just with the wifi. it may or may not come back up as long as you are running di01. the prob did not go away for me until i flashed dj05. i still have the same problem with my albums. have tried a couple of different media players. some of the album art did not transfer, some of the artist names did not either. not sure what to do about that.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Thats an interesting thought about the tags.... before spending money on a SD card maybe it would be a good ideat to hard reset. then if it still doesnt work right getting a new card.

i dont think its the sd. i have some of the same problems. not that we couldnt both have bad sd's. just seems unlikely.

Reactions: peck272

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Droidxcon,
How does one do a hard reset?
Thanks

with the phone off to get into recovery mode you must hold up and down volume buttons together, while continue to hold them hit the power button, you will see samsung light up go dark and light up again(2 cycles) at this point let go of power and volume keys and just press the down button, you will then go into recovery
then use the volume buttons to go to wipe data/factory reset, hit the power button or home button to select

Reactions: peck272

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Droidxcon
Since this will set the phone back to factory, that would wipe out all apps I have installed and the rooting, correct?

The Rooting will remain . and you will need to redownload your apps ,, if i wwere you i would create an app brain account on your computer, download it on your phone, sync them,,,,,then after reset, install app brain again and just redownload everything it will just take a couple mins

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2